2015 HST, Who builds it?

/ 2015 HST, Who builds it? #1  

DMB

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615 gear
I've noticed it has Mitsubishi power and I've heard it's built in Korea. What's the real story? It looks like a nice unit.
DMB

/ 2015 HST, Who builds it? #2  
I could be wrong but this is how I understand it.
00 series= India
10 seriers= South Korea
15 series= Japan (made by Mitsubishi)

/ 2015 HST, Who builds it?
Yep, looks right to me. 15s are Mitsu, 10s are TYM and the others are actually Mahindra. I got to take a look. We just got a new Mahindra dealer in Louisville. It's been open a week or so and they say they've already sold 2 units. It all looks like pretty decent stuff although some of their bigger units look kinda dated. Can't say that would keep them from working well. Pricing is very attractive. Anybody with a 2015HST or even a gear drive model got any reliability or performance info to share?
DMB

/ 2015 HST, Who builds it? #5  
I purchased a 2015HST in March. The price was $12,400 + tax for the tractor, loader, and 60" Bushhog rear finish mower. So far I love it, but I've got less than 10 hours on it so I can't really speak to long-term reliability. I bought it at the tail end of snow removal season, and I haven't had to mow my lawn yet this year (we actually had a dusting of new snow this morning, spring comes late where I live), so I haven't had many excuses to get alot of seat time.

You might want to post in the CubCadet forum and ask about reliability, the 2015 was available for several years as the Cub 7205 before Mahindra picked up the Mitsu line. They're new to Mahindra, but they've been around awhile.

/ 2015 HST, Who builds it? #6  
The 15 series are new to Mahindra this year. The good news is there is a history. Mitsubishi has been making them for CC for a few years. Search the Cub Cadet Forum for a 7205. It is the same tractor painted a ugly yellow and white /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif instead of a pretty red and black. The 2015 = 7205, 2615 = 7265, 3015 = 7305.