2014 Mahindra 5010 cab

/ 2014 Mahindra 5010 cab #1  

Dfixit1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240HSTC-3
2014 Mahindra 5010 cab gear?

Im considering one of these with a 9 x 3 constant mesh transmission with low hours.
My brother says Ill hate it and I should get a HST.
I need it to maintain my long hilly driveway.
I see some had clutch sticking issues.
Does this model have a clutch pedal unloader? Holds pedal to keep clutch disc from sticking?
Tried to find a operators manual to read it, no luck.
Power steering issues with some also.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
   / 2014 Mahindra 5010 cab
Re: 2014 Mahindra 5010 cab gear?

Im considering one of these with a 9 x 3 constant mesh transmission with low hours.
My brother says Ill hate it and I should get a HST.
I need it to maintain my long hilly driveway.
I see some had clutch sticking issues.
Does this model have a clutch pedal unloader? Holds pedal to keep clutch disc from sticking?
Tried to find a operators manual to read it, no luck.
Power steering issues with some also.
Thoughts?

Wow, no one has one of these? Earth calling Mars, are there any martians 👽 out there?

/ 2014 Mahindra 5010 cab #3  
I had a 5010 cab/gear for a couple years. It was a nice tractor but I really regretted not getting the HST. There was just never the right range for brush mowing. One gear was way too slow and the next was way too fast... for my conditions at least. It did have a clutch pedal unloader. I didn't have any problems with it except for two rear axle seals leaking because the factory forgot to install some parts. I ended up trading for a Kubota HST.

/ 2014 Mahindra 5010 cab
I had a 5010 cab/gear for a couple years. It was a nice tractor but I really regretted not getting the HST. There was just never the right range for brush mowing. One gear was way too slow and the next was way too fast... for my conditions at least. It did have a clutch pedal unloader. I didn't have any problems with it except for two rear axle seals leaking because the factory forgot to install some parts. I ended up trading for a Kubota HST.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was afraid that was the case with the gearing as the newer ones seem to have more of a range and more gears to select from.