2011 Zforce S54 Aged Replacement Parts

/ 2011 Zforce S54 Aged Replacement Parts #1  

Shamski77

Tractor
2011 Cub Cadet Zforce S54
Have an opportunity to acquire a 2011 Zforce S54 with 127hrs on it. Looks like it has seen some weather ... Faded color, some rust areas on deck with paint chipped off. Mowed well when I put it through its paces in their yard area ... Did steep hill, wide open spaces, turns each side, reverse cut, height change etc.

Some questions for this model:
1) 24hp Kohler engine needed to be turned over twice to start initially. Once warmed up a bit went away. Anything to be worried about?
2) Front tires had cracks starting due to age and one wasn't holding pressure. Dealer wants me to pay for one and they would pay the other ... And identified that they need to get the whole assembly. Doesn't seem right ... The tires only can be swapped correct? If so will work for them to drop the price due to my having to do it and will just do the tire.
Rears seemed OK for now.
3) Any other age related (not hours as it is only just over 100) things to check that simple get old and break down.

It was fun to drive, and would sure shorten the moving for our 1.5 acres with flat sections, sloped areas, trees, rocks, fences, etc. Just dont want to overlook checking things so input appreciated.

/ 2011 Zforce S54 Aged Replacement Parts #2  
Welcome to TBN.

You said:
2) Front tires had cracks starting due to age and one wasn't holding pressure. Dealer wants me to pay for one and they would pay the other ... And identified that they need to get the whole assembly. Doesn't seem right ... The tires only can be swapped correct?

I don't understand the question. Are you buying this from a Zforce dealer?

What is the "whole assembly" ?

Richard

/ 2011 Zforce S54 Aged Replacement Parts #3  
Maybe he means the whole wheel instead of just the tire.
Bob B.

/ 2011 Zforce S54 Aged Replacement Parts #4  
Maybe the dealer is talking about no flats to replace the fronts.