2008 Kioti DK45S

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #1  

prometheus303

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 2515R
I'm considering buy this used tractor. In had 1129 engine hours. Was wondering if this is a good model? Since its 2008 would it lack the computer electronic for the engine? The dealer says it has been serviced and all the cylinders have been repacked. Here is some info.
DK45S w/ KL451 Loader, Bucket and Canopy

• Year 2008
  • Make Kioti
  • Model DK45S
  • Engine Daedong
  • Horsepower 45 PTO HP 38
  • Engine Hours 1129
  • Transmission Shuttle Shift
  • Status Available
  • Lift Capacity 2800 lbs

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #2  
That tractor would be a mechanical fuel pump engine. Not computer controlled common rail like modern tractors. But would also be in the time frame for the fuel solenoid breaking the fuel rail parts leading to runaway or no start issues. The late 2005 into 2006 were the main trouble makers due to the fuel solenoid, which I believe they mostly had fixed by 2008/

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #3  
Was wondering if DK45S is a good model?

This thread may be helpful:

Last edited:
   / 2008 Kioti DK45S
That tractor would be a mechanical fuel pump engine. Not computer controlled common rail like modern tractors. But would also be in the time frame for the fuel solenoid breaking the fuel rail parts leading to runaway or no start issues. The late 2005 into 2006 were the main trouble makers due to the fuel solenoid, which I believe they mostly had fixed by 2008/
Randy,
So I understand what do you mean by "fuel rail parts leading to runaway" Does mean that the RPM go out of control. I was given a free lawn mower that suddenly the RPM shot thru the roof. I tried throttling down did not work thinking it was some how getting to much fuel. (In hind sight I should have just killed the engine) It blew up the motor & caught fire.

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #5  
Randy,
So I understand what do you mean by "fuel rail parts leading to runaway" Does mean that the RPM go out of control. I was given a free lawn mower that suddenly the RPM shot thru the roof. I tried throttling down did not work thinking it was some how getting to much fuel. (In hind sight I should have just killed the engine) It blew up the motor & caught fire.
In the case of diesels the injection pumps has gears that turn by way of a tooth rail that opens and closes the amount of fuel injected which controls engine speed as well as shut off the engine when fully closed unlike on a gas engine where the rpm is controlled by the amount of air through the intake. In the case of the Kioti's there was cases where the fuel solenoid would slam the rail to the point that it would break the teeth off of the rotating gears in the pump and jam the pump in the closed position which would prevent start, or in the full open position which would prevent the governor from controlling the engine speed similar to your gas engine failure.

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #6  
In the case of diesels the injection pumps has gears that turn by way of a tooth rail that opens and closes the amount of fuel injected which controls engine speed as well as shut off the engine when fully closed unlike on a gas engine where the rpm is controlled by the amount of air through the intake. In the case of the Kioti's there was cases where the fuel solenoid would slam the rail to the point that it would break the teeth off of the rotating gears in the pump and jam the pump in the closed position which would prevent start, or in the full open position which would prevent the governor from controlling the engine speed similar to your gas engine failure.
My 2008 DK 45 did both. First before 100 hours, full open, Thank goodness it was HST, buried the needle. 10 years later, closed and would not start. It was the day before I traded and unfortunately had to pay for that repair to start for dealer to pickup.

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #7  
My 2008 DK 45 did both. First before 100 hours, full open, Thank goodness it was HST, buried the needle. 10 years later, closed and would not start. It was the day before I traded and unfortunately had to pay for that repair to start for dealer to pickup.
Ouch..

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S
Update on this post. I was that DK45s on a Sunday. The following day Monday I called that it sold on last Friday. He did not update his His website. Back to the drawing board. Still considering either DK4510 or CK3510, perhaps a Branson 2515R/H or 3515R/H. Looks like I'll buying New.

/ 2008 Kioti DK45S #10  
I had a decent experience with the 2018 DK45 I traded for. No way I would fit or be comfortable on any CK. I only put 250 hours on it and had the chance to move for good money and get back to the Kubota with HST. I do believe Kioti has addressed and taken care of those repair issues tho Im not certain of which year. I still believe that price would be the biggest factor in deciding to go with Kioti. Trying a Shuttle shift for the first time would have been a more positive experience had the placement of that and the joystick been better thought out. Irritating to have it located on the dash and not the steering column. Always knocked it out of reverse with my knee. The joystick is so close to the shifter, you will knock it out of gear hundreds of times until you get adjusted to it. Powerful and great lift power may keep you happy for a time, but the little things will get to you after a few hundred hours.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2001 FREIGHTLINER CLASSIC FLD120SD (A32908)
2001 FREIGHTLINER...
2 Yard plastic dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
2 Yard plastic...
2014 Krone Easy Cut 3200 Hay Cutter (A33041)
2014 Krone Easy...
2016 Volvo L120H Articulated Wheel Loader (A32932)
2016 Volvo L120H...
Rome 180-982-B1 Disc (A33041)
Rome 180-982-B1...
2013 Peterbilt model PB320 (A33073)
2013 Peterbilt...