2006 GT 2550 Hood Meltdown

/ 2006 GT 2550 Hood Meltdown #1  

KuboB1200

I'm looking for a replacement hood, CC party number 759-04137A.

Does any body know where I can get one for a reasonable price? I'd settle for a used one. Messicks has them for around 268 bucks, yikes.

kubo

/ 2006 GT 2550 Hood Meltdown #3  
I'm looking for a replacement hood, CC party number 759-04137A.

I looked up part number 759-04137A on partstree and they show that as a 'Hood, Service Kit' that contains 731-06887, 731-05161, 703-05947, 726-0233, 728-0177, 736-0400, 710-1242 and installation instructions.

I believe the actual hood is the part number 731-06887 which can be found cheaper by doing a google search for that part number. The question is whether you need just the hood or the hood and the other stuff too.

/ 2006 GT 2550 Hood Meltdown
Thanks, guys.

The hood melted while mowing a couple years after I purchased the mower. It's the famous, engine exhaust meltdown routine that's plagued this model and others since CC started using plastic hoods. I have the 2006 with the new heat shield, but it was a hot day and the exhaust wreaks havoc on the plastic components.

I want the kit because when one purchases the hood and decals, they are only just a bit cheaper. I'd be tickled if I could find a used one.

Warranty issues were useless since the shop I purchased from sold to another fellow who couldn't care less, unless I want a new mower, of course. Unfotunately for CC, this will be my last CC. Other than the hood and shredding belts with deck height set on higher settings, it's been a good tractor.

Kubo

Last edited:
   / 2006 GT 2550 Hood Meltdown #5  
Thought they were replacing them under warranty although you may be out of it by now.

/ 2006 GT 2550 Hood Meltdown #6  
When I first got my GT 2554 I started noticing brown spots on the lawn a day or 2 after I finished mowing at the same spot I stopped the mower to let it cool off. I finally connected the heat from the motor was killing the grass. Thats why after I'm done mowing I always raise the hood now to let the motor cool. This also stopped the brown spots on the lawn and any issues with the hood. I would call Cub Cadet and get a hold of a area manager to discuss the hood issue. If he gives you any Bull */#% show him all the threads on this site (and theres plenty) and ask him to respond to them. You should be able t get someone to help, from what I've heard Cub is good about this issue.

/ 2006 GT 2550 Hood Meltdown #7  
Thanks, guys.

The hood melted while mowing a couple years after I purchased the mower. It's the famous, engine exhaust meltdown routine that's plagued this model and others since CC started using plastic hoods. I have the 2006 with the new heat shield, but it was a hot day and the exhaust wreaks havoc on the plastic components.

I want the kit because when one purchases the hood and decals, they are only just a bit cheaper. I'd be tickled if I could find a used one.

Warranty issues were useless since the shop I purchased from sold to another fellow who couldn't care less, unless I want a new mower, of course. Unfotunately for CC, this will be my last CC. Other than the hood and shredding belts with deck height set on higher settings, it's been a good tractor.

Kubo
Greetings, I have a 2007 Cub Cadet GT 2550. Remove the center plug covering an air vent in the top of the hood, this will let much more hot air ventilate out of the hood. And also clean the foam pre air filter and air fan area as well as the whole engine after every mowing. This helps with keeping the engine running cooler. I had to replace my hood also, but not for overheating issues. The plastic broke where the henge mounts to the hood. Those hoods are very expensive. I didn't replace the decals because they are also expensive. Hope this helps.

/ 2006 GT 2550 Hood Meltdown #8  
Greetings, I have a 2007 Cub Cadet GT 2550. Remove the center plug covering an air vent in the top of the hood, this will let much more hot air ventilate out of the hood. And also clean the foam pre air filter and air fan area as well as the whole engine after every mowing. This helps with keeping the engine running cooler. I had to replace my hood also, but not for overheating issues. The plastic broke where the henge mounts to the hood. Those hoods are very expensive. I didn't replace the decals because they are also expensive. Hope this helps.
He probably doesn't even have the tractor anymore after 12 years..... but maybe help someone else.