2 PTO's on my International

/ 2 PTO's on my International
Re: 2 PTO\'s on my International

Got the adapter, tried it on the International at 1100 to 1150 RPM, the engines barely running and its so quiet while having enough power to pull the mower through the grass in 4th gear. A really nice setup, thanks for the suggestion about the adapter. The adapter was about $30. Rat...

/ 2 PTO's on my International #12  

3 point wood chippers use 1000 rpm. Backhoes with PTO mounted pumps can be used with with the engine at lower rpm so you have less vibration and less noise.

Eugene

/ 2 PTO's on my International

Buppy, what I would really like to see is a PTO with variable speeds, that is one with either various gears or perhaps like a hydrostatic type drive that would allow for the various speeds. I would love to get the 540 RPM at about 1500 to 2000 rpm. Thats where it seems many diesels have their maximum torque and about all the power their going to get out. Depending on need and requirement, having a variable ratio PTO would allow for this. At 1200 RPM, my mower runs beautifully on my 1000 RPM PTO, but hit a hill and things slow down a bit. Also, when I go downhill I will over rev since I'm in 4th gear with less ability to hold back. Going to a lower gear makes the mowing a bit to slow since I am only at 1200RPM but makes the mowing a snap as far as controlling speed and having the power. I could change pulley sizes on the mower or see about a gearbox that has a different setup. In the end, I would love to see a variable speed PTO. Wishful thinking, Rat...