1957 Farmall 350 Utility hydraulic filter/screen

/ 1957 Farmall 350 Utility hydraulic filter/screen #1  

rcb350

Tractor
350 Farmall Utility
I can't seem to find the hydraulic screen/filter on my 350. I have all the part/repair books, but none show it. I have power steering and T/A. Thanks in advance...

/ 1957 Farmall 350 Utility hydraulic filter/screen
Yeah, I'm going to have to change/clean mine also. It's under the seat. Remove the seat and take off the large cover where the hydraulic fill plug is.The fill plug is slightly to the right side front and has a fill level post in it. The manual isn't very clear on a lot of procedures I have noticed. Your hydraulic controls are connected to the reservoir on the right side. Allegedly the screen is in there under the top cover. I believe it is a very fine mesh brass material. When I bought mine it came with a cover gasket, but I'm sure you can use forma gasket as nothing spaces off of it. The service manuals can be very frustrating where it comes to procedure explanations. If you think this is hard, just wait until you adjust the T/A with all the play in the worn turnbuckles and levers. It adds up to be challenging. ... 🙄 My best guess is that some things are thought to be common knowledge back then and are not further explained. Or... they just want you to go to the International dealer. I'm a retired Tool & Die maker and I have problems comprehending the procedures in the manuals. Or, it could be just me..... Please let me know how you make out.. Mine is a 1957 350 Utility with T/A and power steering. BTW, I did get a chuckle out of your question, cause I couldn't find mine either....😁

/ 1957 Farmall 350 Utility hydraulic filter/screen
Thanks for your response. I gave up on working on mine. I'm too old (75) to be wrenching so I bought a new Kioti 2610HST with a front mounted 66" snow thrower. So I'm out of the weather in a cab with heat and A/C. With only 24.5 HP it still has enough power for my needs and is amazingly frugal on diesel. By the way, I'm a retired Tool&Die maker myself.😄

Last edited: