1910f front axle leak

/ 1910f front axle leak #1  

jaybirdt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki 1910f
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience with the front axle seals leaking?The seal that is leaking is the one where the final gear case/hub and counter shaft housing come together. From what I can tell the reason it is leaking is because the drag arm bushing on top is worn allowing the wheel / final drive assembly to be loose as I can move the wheel/final drive about a quarter inch in and out where the drag arm and bushing ride on the pin on the counter shaft housing. Sorry for the greek to all without the manual in front of them. If anyone out there has changed the bushings, seals or bearings in one of these or a Bolens Id like to know what im getting myself into. Thanks in advance

/ 1910f front axle leak #2  
I have a 1610 F and am right in the middle of doing exactly what you are. With the parts book in one hand and a wrench in the other, it was pretty straight-forward dismantling this assembly. Kroil applied in the right places helped a lot to loosen bearings from their seat. I am happy to find everything looks in real good shape, clean and no mud or dirt inside. The bearings all seem in good shape too. There is one oil seal that you may want to pay attention to, the one that sits in the top of the final drive case at the big pivot pin. It's a two-piece design (size 50x68x9mm) that includes a standard lip type seal and a flanged metal sleeve that fits tightly over the pivot pin. I pryed this sleeve off the pin but messed it up doing so. I'm not sure I can get another metal sleeve, and I'm not real sure what it's there for except to take up some space. Seems to me that the proper sized seal is all that's needed. However, until we know its purpose and availability (does somebody out there know?), you might want to leave it alone on the pivot pin. Otherwise, just take your time and follow the parts break-down diagram and it's not bad at all.

Bill in CO

/ 1910f front axle leak #3  
If you need help call anytime after 5:30PST and I will go through it with you
buck
509-374-3398

/ 1910f front axle leak #4  
As a followup to the two-piece seal design on the pivot, it looks like the flanged metal sleeve is a sacrificial element designed to take the wear between the seal and the pin, thereby saving the pin from grooving. I still don't know if these are readily available or if they must be purchased from a gray market dealer.

Bill in CO