1533 Steering Cylinder hose failed - and replaced

/ 1533 Steering Cylinder hose failed - and replaced #1  

bearthebruce

Gold Member
Tractor
'05 Massey Ferguson 1533; '22 LS MT125
To help those who have a 1533 or 1540 tractor and find themselves experiencing a steering failure owing to a blown hose, I hope this blog of our efforts of learning how to accomplish the repair task will help. This blog on Google shows what we had to do. (Of course, the hose that blew is the one that is most difficult to get out!)

1533 Steering Cylinder Hose replacement

• Good Post
Reactions: UMR
   / 1533 Steering Cylinder hose failed - and replaced #2  
To help those who have a 1533 or 1540 tractor and find themselves experiencing a steering failure owing to a blown hose, I hope this blog of our efforts of learning how to accomplish the repair task will help. This blog on Google shows what we had to do. (Of course, the hose that blew is the one that is most difficult to get out!)

1533 Steering Cylinder Hose replacement
Thank you for sharing this. I hope I don't need it but it's nice to know that it's here if I do. I love Floyd. My mother's family is from Woolwine.

/ 1533 Steering Cylinder hose failed - and replaced
Good to make your acquaintance @EdGooding

Glad my blog helps to describe what happens. I'm not sure but I may have been the cause of the hose failure as we were working in brush pretty heavy in August. I think maybe a stick kicked up and pushed that hose, breaking it - but there was no evidence that it had been cut by something. Just seemed to have failed.

The HoseHouse in Christiansburg is awesome if you need hoses made. They seem to be able to make any on the spot.

We are not far from Woolvine as we are on the northwest side of Floyd. We are actually closer to Smart than to Floyd.