Buying Advice 1526 vs max 26xl

/ 1526 vs max 26xl #11  
Thanks for all the good info everyone, I greatly appreciate it! There's a good chance I will go ahead and upgrade!

If you are doing ground engagement, 3pt work, etc. and traveling over rough steep ground, you will like a larger tractor for sure. If you are just occasionally needing a real strong loader, this is a cheap fix.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...loader-curl-possible-solution.html?highlight=
When I bought my Max28 there sat a 3016 right next to it. It was really tough not to get the 3016 for the price difference, but I wanted the small size. The 3016 is 90% the size of my L39, so I would have been essentially duplicating tools instead of replacing/upgrading my B7200D.

/ 1526 vs max 26xl
If you are doing ground engagement, 3pt work, etc. and traveling over rough steep ground, you will like a larger tractor for sure. If you are just occasionally needing a real strong loader, this is a cheap fix.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...loader-curl-possible-solution.html?highlight=
When I bought my Max28 there sat a 3016 right next to it. It was really tough not to get the 3016 for the price difference, but I wanted the small size. The 3016 is 90% the size of my L39, so I would have been essentially duplicating tools instead of replacing/upgrading my B7200D.

Well probably 95% of what I use it for is dirt work (loader and box blade) and the other 5% is occasional brush hogging.

/ 1526 vs max 26xl
Well signed papers on the 1526 today. Hope to get it picked up tomorrow!

/ 1526 vs max 26xl #14  
Well signed papers on the 1526 today. Hope to get it picked up tomorrow!

If' that's your only tractor, it will be probably be a better fit. 3 Speed hydro is the way to go (Over the 2 Speed HST on the Max) and as big a tire as you can get is way to go in the woods and fields. Speaking of fit, don't wedge it between two trees, just because the Max fit fine!

I wish they would fit 8.50-25-14's in the Max in the front. instead of 8.5-23-12's

Last edited:
   / 1526 vs max 26xl #16  
Just curious what's the price diff between the 1526 HST and the 1533 shuttle?

/ 1526 vs max 26xl #18  
The 1526 HST was $17,900. The 1533 shuttle was like $22,000.

Wow!
I would have thought it to be a near wash, in which cas I'd gone with the extra power and shuttle, but $4K for a few HP?

/ 1526 vs max 26xl
Wow!
I would have thought it to be a near wash, in which cas I'd gone with the extra power and shuttle, but $4K for a few HP?
Well that was my thought process as well because that's kind of what my original game plan was until I got the pricing and realized how far off they were. The 1533 is a little bit larger frame it also has the four-cylinder engine in it so there are some substantial differences.

/ 1526 vs max 26xl #20  
Well that was my thought process as well because that's kind of what my original game plan was until I got the pricing and realized how far off they were. The 1533 is a little bit larger frame it also has the four-cylinder engine in it so there are some substantial differences.

Honestly either way you would be good, the larger tractor and the more HP would come in handy but 26hp and under is exempt from tier 4 emissions crap, Mahindra doesn't use DPF filters like the other guys but it's safer to avoid that stuff all together whenever possible.

I would say that decision would be a wash lol, just based on your needs. That being said the 1500 frame from the max frame is the biggest jump here.

If I remember correctly the 1533 has a tad bigger tires, it's a tad wider and longer and also lifts a few more hundred pounds? I guess only real difference is you could run 1.5ft more bush hog lol.