1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand?

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #232  
I've always thought of Kubota as the gold standard for small tractors, and people with small pieces of land. But every time I go to the Kubota Dealer to buy something from them, I walk away disappointed. I did this both times I bought new tractors, when I bought my zero turn, and when I bought my UTV. Even when I was looking at used tractors, I couldn't bring myself to buy a used Kubota because of how poorly they looked for the number of hours on them. I still believe that they are one of the top brands out there, but just not for me.

Deere is the brand I always wanted to hate. I don't know why, I just had something against them. Then I inherited my brothers 2012 5065E, and I've been impressed by it. Simple, easy to work on, easy to operate, great on fuel, plenty of power. I hate the 3 speed transmission, but I love the gear that is the parking brake. I would of never looked at it on the lot, but now that I use it all the time, I can see that I was wrong about Deere. I still don't want a brand new Deere, but the older stuff has is worth looking at.
And I love Kubota and they have been problem free and I still want your Massey! LOL

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #233  
This one is a little closer with better parts availability due to higher production numbers:
View attachment 863150
That Ford is a clone of the real thing...kind of like Mahindra and Kioti

(Now that I've upset everybody, the devil made me do it...don't y'all dog pile on me, I'm just teasing!)

Last edited:
   / 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #234  
That Ford is a clone of the real thing...kind of like a Mahindra and Kioti

(Now that I've upset everybody, the devil made me do it...don't y'all dog pile on me, I'm just teasing!)
It’s mostly real. It still has most of the original parts on it too, including all (4) tires and paint. I have had to change out a few though, over the last 800 hours that I’ve put in it (it had 1200 on it when I got it, back around 1990).

I bought it from the widow of the original owner. He hadn’t used it much, only on his garden that was less than an acre in size.

The first thing it needed was valves. The original’s were not hardened, and I burned them out digging my pond (with a 3-point pond scoop), using unleaded gas. Next to go was the radiator, after I punched an apple tree branch thru the original one winter while snowplowing. I was plowing with a rear blade, and not concentrating on what was in front of the tractor.

It got a new exhaust manifold, back around the turn of the century (muffler is still original), and a new carburetor and sediment bulb a few years later. They had all that stuff on the shelf down at our local TSC.

I had to put a new distributor on it about (4) years ago (I had mostly neglected to lubricate the original every 10 hours like it says in the owners manual so no surprise there after 70 years of operation).

One of the rear rims finally rusted through from the calcium solution 3 years ago. That turned out to be an advantage because it plows better than it ever did (with the original 2x12 Ford/Ferguson 3 point plow) with just the sod side rear tire loaded with calcium solution.

That tractor was made 13 years before I was, and it’s so damned overbuilt that it will likely outlast my grandkids (if our daughters ever have any). I don’t imagine that there will ever be a model that is easier to find parts for.