Massey Ferguson GC17XX blows fuse when turning on key. Won't kill motor turning key off.

/ Massey Ferguson GC17XX blows fuse when turning on key. Won't kill motor turning key off. #1  

SquireOC

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1715
Massey Ferguson GC17XX blows fuse when turning on key. Won't kill motor turning key off.

/ Massey Ferguson GC17XX blows fuse when turning on key. Won't kill motor turning key off. #2  
Sounds like maybe a shorted coil on the fuel shutoff but it could be a number of things. Not much info to go on.

/ Massey Ferguson GC17XX blows fuse when turning on key. Won't kill motor turning key off.
Sounds like maybe a shorted coil on the fuel shutoff but it could be a number of things. Not much info to go on.
It started out not killing the motor, now it blows the fuse when turning on the key. I assume the fuel shut-off is where we push the button to kill the motor? Should I be able to unplug the solenoid and then see if the fuse blows?

/ Massey Ferguson GC17XX blows fuse when turning on key. Won't kill motor turning key off. #4  
Is there a solenoid on the back of your main injection pump? I think that is the one that @workinonit is talking about.

/ Massey Ferguson GC17XX blows fuse when turning on key. Won't kill motor turning key off.
Yes, that's where it is located.

/ Massey Ferguson GC17XX blows fuse when turning on key. Won't kill motor turning key off. #6  
Yea, typically they are part of the injector pump.

/ Massey Ferguson GC17XX blows fuse when turning on key. Won't kill motor turning key off. #7  
Should be a wire on it. Pull the wire off and see if it blows the fuse. JDs are bad about the cold start thermistor going bad and it is wired into the FSO circuit.

Unplugged the solenoid and the fuse did not blow. It has a stop engine relay that had a broken wire in the plug. I'm assuming that might have caused the solenoid to go bad.