Branson locking up

/ Branson locking up #1  

Jrmick7

Tractor
Branson 2505h
My Branson 2505h started locking up on me today. I could pull forward slowly 4,6 maybe 10 inches before it would lock up and not move, touch the reverse pedal and it would move forward another little bit! I made it about 50 to 75 feet to the shop this way! Didn’t matter if moving forward or backwards it would do the same! I believe something has came loose in the rear end or front end! If anyone has an idea would be great, and a breakdown of the rear end would be of much assistance! Thanks

/ Branson locking up #2  
Was it the front tires not turning or rear tires? Reason for asking is the front axle was assembled incorrectly on my 2400H which caused the front tires to randomly lock up while in 2 wheel drive.

/ Branson locking up
Can’t shift the thing out of 4 wheel drive so it made it feel like the whole thing! Sounds like the front one time and the next sounds like the rear and then sounds like in between so I’m kind of at a loss where to start!?

/ Branson locking up #4  
If you can’t shift out of front wheel assist that sounds like problem in rear end vs front axle assembly. Depending on your mechanical skills might have to remove top of transaxle to see if there is anything obvious broken.

/ Branson locking up #5  
My 3725 can be difficult to shift out of 4wd. It feels like the gear clearance is tight and any amount of driveline windup will make the shifting bind. Sometimes I have to raise the front tires off the ground to do it. Usually driving backwards a few feet is enough.

/ Branson locking up #6  
If my tire pressures are right, my gear tension is minimal and it usually comes out of 4WD very easily, otherwise I lift the front end and it comes right out. Also, many years back I developed a similar difficult to move problem. My brakes were sticking at the shafts outside the brake assemblies. Removed rear wheels for access, lubed the linkage, worked the shaft back and forth, and it has been fine since, BUT, I don't use the parking brake when the tractor is not in use, anymore. I think the long periods of sitting with a hard brake contributed to the problem.

/ Branson locking up
My mechanical skills are better than some but my concern with taking the top off is are there any check balls, etc.going to fall out? like an automatic tranny does! There are a ton of breakdowns for different models I haven’t spotted the one for the 2505h as of yet!