Chicken in solitary confinement

/ Chicken in solitary confinement #31  
Lots of egg sandwiches!!

Our dogs eat two dozen a day, and we've started scrambling them for the cats. I didn't know that cats like to eat scrambled eggs, but they come running when they sea the bowl, and clean it all up.

The rest are sold, but I also give them away to clients when I'm working on their homes.

Right now, we have 25 Rio Grande turkey eggs in the incubator that a buddy sent us, and my wife has been finding Guinea eggs when picking up chicken eggs, so there are a dozen of those in an incubator too. She is the crazy chicken lady with 2 incubators!!!!
Yeiks… the crazy chicken people.

i have a friend with bird crazy wife. She has a bunch of different chicken breeds, but also ducks and a pile of peahens 🦚 and peacocks.
the place is a mess of screaming birds. Would drive me nuts.

Peacocks…i mean really?

/ Chicken in solitary confinement #32  
Yeiks… the crazy chicken people.

i have a friend with bird crazy wife. She has a bunch of different chicken breeds, but also ducks and a pile of peahens 🦚 and peacocks.
the place is a mess of screaming birds. Would drive me nuts.

Peacocks…i mean really?
it could be worse … it could be a emu

/ Chicken in solitary confinement #33  
Waitaminnit… how do you prepare eggs for a dog? I have a post-surgery dog that’s not eating her regular food, gotta find something to get her interested in food again, and we are out of the usual chicken and rice.
The same way that you cook them for yourself. When I had a dog and hens, it was automatic to throw one in the frying pan for him when cooking eggs for breakfast. Also hardboiled,or scrambled in the microwave if the supply was getting too big. If I ran out of dog food it was common to cook up some sweet potatoes, rice, and eggs with a little cheese mixed in.

Then there was the time I decided to cook up a cup or two of oatmeal to mix with the eggs... but I try not to remember that. :eek::poop:

/ Chicken in solitary confinement
Two updates:

1. I called an acquaintance who has taken chickens off me before, and asked her if she had any nice old ladies she was willing to give up, to give ours some company in her waning years. She said she has two that would be perfect, and will bring them over next week. She also agreed to take whichever is left back, whenever we land back in this situation again, as I'm not restocking with chicks when these old girls are done.

2. Scrambled egg was the perfect thing to get our dog eating again, post-surgery. She has never been a great eater, and the surgery meds seemed to have her almost totally off eating. Two good meals yesterday, and breakfast today, she seems to be right back to her old self. Thanks for the tip!

/ Chicken in solitary confinement #36  
My black lab is the most lazy eater ive ever had. As a puppy we could barely get her to look at her food. And we tried lots of different foods. Shes 5 now, and still doesnt care less if she eats or not. But she will mooch up a storm. One good thing though, shell never be called a fat lab.

/ Chicken in solitary confinement
Obviously not a Lab. :D
I grew up with a lab-shepherd mix, and I think her food bowl was about the diameter of a Frisbee. Great dogs, but my God... the hair! If mom skipped even one day of vacuuming, it'd look like tumbleweeds blowing around our family room.

/ Chicken in solitary confinement #38  
I grew up with a lab-shepherd mix, and I think her food bowl was about the diameter of a Frisbee. Great dogs, but my God... the hair! If mom skipped even one day of vacuuming, it'd look like tumbleweeds blowing around our family room.
I often vacuumed enough fur out of my truck to make another dog!