Drain field vs tractor

/ Drain field vs tractor #12  
Should I be concerned with running over my drain field with my L2501 FEL backhoe assy?
New construction home I’m building, corrugated half round plastic drain field maybe 2ft in diam.
I installed myself while the experts watched me clean up their installation.
I’m assuming that the old story of don’t run over drain field was when we had clay pipe that could easily snap?
I installed an infiltrator type septic drain field for my house. If your system is similar to mine then there is only 1 foot of dirt over the very top of the domed infiltrators. The ditch is approximately 30 inches wide. I would avoid driving your tractor over the infiltrators for about a year, and then

/ Drain field vs tractor #13  
I would say that it dramatically depends on your specific drain field design, and your specific soil type.

When I asked the septic guy who inspected our system during the home buying process, he started off saying sure thing. Until I told him my tractor weighed 7k lbs, in which he emphatically said "NO!".

He was thinking I meant a riding mower (which is fine) until I described to him what I had and how much it weighed.

Some septic fields may be deeper, or soil types different enough that it wouldn't be a problem to drive the same tractor at a different site.

At our old house, it was not a problem. House was much older, septic field was different and much deeper.

I wouldn't let a few random guys across the internet tell you if it's safe or not.

Just my 2 cents worth.

/ Drain field vs tractor #14  
If you leech field has the units like a box with no bottom
I would deffently say no as they are hollow and very little
dirt on top. Now if you have the schedule 40 pvc pipe with
the holles in the bottom I don't believe you will have any
problem but that's just my opinion

willy

/ Drain field vs tractor #15  
Different tractors will be rated with different ground pressures. I'm not quite sure what my drain field looks like. However, around here it dries out a lot in the summer, so I'd think it should be OK.