Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #421  
The CSX RR that runs down Sr200/US301, you see cattle going north and Amazon trailers headed south. The RR running along SR5/US1 seems to be primarily aggregate heading south, and generic ship freight headed north. Feels like the days of 80 rail cars of citrus are gone.

It’s interesting that my local Railroad (East Penn Railroad) also owns a few small railroads in Florida.
The mother company is know as “Regional Rail, LLC”

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor
It’s interesting that my local Railroad (East Penn Railroad) also owns a few small railroads in Florida.
CSX seems to be the big one down here, they have a big rail yard in Baldwin just East of Jacksonville in North Florida.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #423  
I 'think' they have some rail in Ocala? I remember widening a road down there, and dealing with the RR, and it was night and day from CSX or FEC (Florid East Coast, ie Henry Flagler's rail line, that basically founded the state).. CSX is quick to tell you, step foot in my ROW without permission, we arrest you. This outfit in Ocala had our guys patch asphalt between their rails...

I 'think' they have some rail in Ocala? I remember widening a road down there, and dealing with the RR, and it was night and day from CSX or FEC (Florid East Coast, ie Henry Flagler's rail line, that basically founded the state).. CSX is quick to tell you, step foot in my ROW without permission, we arrest you. This outfit in Ocala had our guys patch asphalt between their rails...
Two outfits in the State of Florida that has teeth and that's the railroad and the DOT, just in that order.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #426  
Looks like Regional Rail, LLC purchased railroads from “Pinsley RR” in Florida.

Florida Central, Florida Midland & Florida Northern Railroads

They’re probably short lines….

I interact with East Penn here a decent amount as they have tracks in some of the fields I hay.

1713005744133.jpeg

1712967377662.png

1712967578799.jpeg

1712967901570.jpeg

Last edited:
A little work this week cleaning up some more fence lines and piling and burning, I had to stay after dark one night till my fire burnt down a little.
20240413_174551.jpg
20240412_204749.jpg
20240412_211751.jpg

Today's work was a custom spray job on a pasture that I re-seedeed last year in bahaia, it's got a lot of goat weed and various other small weeds that left unchecked would soon be out of hand , I only sprayed about 25 acres this morning and shut his cows up on the other 25 acres. I plan on moving the cows in the morning to where I sprayed today and finishing it up. This place is owned by a guy who won the Florida lottery years ago.
20240422_094627.jpg
20240422_110540.jpg
20240422_110843.jpg
20240422_094828.jpg
20240422_110853.jpg

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #429  
A lottery winner that didn't go broke? You don't hear that very often!!!

One of my clients has a sister that won $8 million in the TX Lottery. She and her husband quit their jobs, bought new luxury cars, a big fancy house, and lived it up for a few years before running out of money, and going broke.

A lottery winner that didn't go broke? You don't hear that very often!!!

One of my clients has a sister that won $8 million in the TX Lottery. She and her husband quit their jobs, bought new luxury cars, a big fancy house, and lived it up for a few years before running out of money, and going broke.
Yeah this fellow has a business working on golf carts, he does it from home, has a little shop out back and appears to stay pretty busy.