Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,742  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,743  
I think EVs being 50 to 75% of the market by 2040 as he mentioned is realistic. He makes strong points why the EVS will replace ICE in time.
Since you're making predictions, what percentage of the US car sales will be EV in 2025?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,744  
That is why I would consider a hybrid again or even a Prime (plug-in ICE). I'm just not ready for all the times on trips where I have to find safe recharging locations and waiting. It is just too confining. Most people think like me also.

From the article:
In an interview with FOX Business, Moody said it is overstating to say that people have rejected electric cars entirely, because 2023 was the first year the sale of EVs topped 1 million. But the growth of hybrid sales was higher.

Hybrids accounted for 9.3% of new light vehicle registrations in the U.S. from January to November 2023, outstripping those of EVs by 1.8 percentage points, according to S&P Global Mobility data.

Your safe recharging station for the majority of your driving is at home so there is no waiting if done at night like I do. I can't repeat it enough because very few EV haters are listening.

EV's aren't going away based on 2023 sales figures of over 1 million.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,746  
From the article:

Your safe recharging station for the majority of your driving is at home so there is no waiting if done at night like I do. I can't repeat it enough because very few EV haters are listening.

Tesla will report on Tuesday. Maybe we'll know more about the company's health after Elon talks. I think he may be getting bored, little cheap cars are probably not his thing.

US EV sales reached 1,119,251 in 2023, up from 760,329 in 2022, 462,247 in 2021, 245,586 in 2020, and 230,761 in 2019. 5. US EV sales reached 303,111 in the 4th quarter of 2023, up from 253,133 in the 4th quarter of 2022, 136,410 in the 4th quarter of 2021, and 95,203 in the 4th quarter of 2020.Mar 22, 2024

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,747  
Nobody has stepped up to the plate with a plug in hybrid pickup truck offering yet.
Pickup trucks are the largest selling vehicle type in the USA

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,748  
They expect Tesla to report a 40% drop in profits. There is some chaos ensuing over there.
I dont expect EVs to go away. I do expect their sales to grow. And none of that bothers me. I do wish reporting and data was more balanced... Because it seems it's not, at all.
And I personally think the Y is aesthetically on par with the Cyber Truck. They are just fugly. I love the look of the S and new Model 3. I can't believe they sell so many Ys.
The call tomorrow will be interesting.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,749  
From the article:

Yes 90% of charging could be done at home, but not all. Galveston is still 450 mile RT.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,750  
Nobody has stepped up to the plate with a plug in hybrid pickup truck offering yet.
Pickup trucks are the largest selling vehicle type in the USA

Even batteries in hybrid cars and SUVs give limited economy boosts without real reductions in drag. In a pickup, I'm not sure the gains would be worth the increased complexity and cost with current battery tech. The Prius Prime is a very efficient hybrid, but it's drag coefficient is very low compared to a truck. Hybrid SUVs are mildly more economical than their ICE companions. Even light duty hybrid SUVs have 40 miles or less battery only ranges. Those are great for people in the suburbs... But terrible for a guy in a rural area who may carry a load.