Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,711  
Every year there are more EVs being sold and each EV sold typically is one less ICE sold.

In your previous post you showed how Tesla has sold a few million EVS so that's a few millions ICE that have been hit in the head with a 10 lb sledgehammer.

Why do you struggle with the math so?

As ICE sales continue to decline, it is increasing the cost of ICE vehicles or the people that continue to make ICE has to lower their profit margin on each one they sell, hence the ICE death spiral is not reversible until all EV makers cease to exist.

Is the reality of the math starting to sink in?

Did not Toyota recently announce that they were going to get out of the pure ICE vehicle manufacturing business?
Every year less EVs are sold starting this year. Where are your statistics that state they are replacing ICE. They just could be an extra 2nd or 3rd vehicle or replacing another EV. The demand is tampered with by the government so it is not real.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,712  
EV MPGe, cost savings, emissions, range, etc. is ALL deceptive in my opinion. "Save $6,500 in fuel costs over 5 years". Think about just that...what will the price of petroleum and electricity be in 5 years? That will be determined in large part by legislation passed (pumping/drilling for oil? More of fewer turbines & solar panels? Chargers?)
Who's behind all this...and we know who's paying for it...taxpayers!
I'm not an EV hater or against progress whatsoever but every type of vehicle serves a purpose.
At the turn of the previous century where were the mandates and tax incentives for Model T Fords?View attachment 863569
So one is complaining about Tesla factoring in the government's "fuel savings" in their bait pricing?

I've posted many times how MPGe is another government fake number. It has no meaning to any but the theoretical environmental "scientist" who lives in his mother's basement.

MPG$ has "feel". The miles that can be bought for the same cost as a gallon of gasoline.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,713  
I kind of like the idea behind the electric vehicles, I looked at an F150 lighting this weekend, it was pretty cool. I don't see myself ever owning one, at least in the near future. I have an F350 DRW with a large cap over camper, I don't see an electric truck hauling that halfway across the country or for that matter a few miles to the local campground.
I'm afraid to visit the Ford dealer.

Are they making deals yet?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,714  
That example, at least separately,clearly identifies the “savings “ as a separate subject, which to me, makes it reasonable.

This advertisement provided by Grumpy’s little buddy,
Just continue making things up.

shows clear false advertising. It clearly implies that a purchase price starts at…. .. factoring in ending possible savings from 5 years in the future in small print.
Clearly, it’s intended to fool people into thinking the starting price is lower than it actually is.
Is only deceptive to those of low intellect who stop reading on the word that makes the sentence say what they want to hear. Such as darkie.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,715  
Admittedly Tesla did get a renewable energy and research tax credit of
'1.6 billion'
Expect that "renewable energy credit" is widespread in the industry. Any small factory or production facility I see which has open land has filled that space with solar panels in recent years.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,716  
My post was about how direct subsidies paid to the buyer will elevate a product or service.
Sure it does. No GM, no cars or trucks.

However the intent was to buy the votes of the UAW more than the votes of those who buy GM products.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,717  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,718  
Well Hail.

Got caught on hail storm on I-69 just north of Fort Wayne, IN in my Model S. Fortunately found an overpass almost immediately so no damage to the aluminum body.

318936DB-FA53-434D-B3AE-8380E7B79932_1_105_c.jpeg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,719  
Still considering that method (Tesla wreck) for getting battery storage for part of a back up + solar for the house.
When my 2013's drive unit failed I was offered $7000 for the car by a large automotive salvage company. The 85kWh battery still had 75kWh of capacity. And being one of the original designs is easily disassembled and repurposed.

Ultimately gave the car to my sister who paid to repair because it would sit nearly a year before serious disassembly could start. No telling what the battery would be like then. Meanwhile the car shut itself down hard and would not take a charge.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,720