Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,701  
Tesla world sales are at 386,810 vehicles sold this first quarter in 2024. That is les than any quarter in 2023.

What is your source?
Thankfully you @txdon and @DarkBlack are in agreement that the ICE death spiral has been underway for years now and continually gets larger and larger each passing year based on the source you provided above.
I think the two of you were the last posting here to acknowledge the ICE death spiral is in place for decades to come.

Your source showing the ICE death spiral just by the efforts of Tesla means there's millions of ICE sales that got hit in the head with a 10 lb sledgehammer just from one little small company.

Even Ford and other OEMs are taking the 10 lb sledgehammer to their ICE vehicle sales every year so naturally the death spiral is just going to continue to continue since All of the old sources of ice vehicles are getting in on the game of bashing in the heads of their future ICE sales with 10 lb sledgehammers.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,703  
Thankfully you @txdon and @DarkBlack are in agreement that the ICE death spiral has been underway for years now and continually gets larger and larger each passing year based on the source you provided above.
I think the two of you were the last posting here to acknowledge the ICE death spiral is in place for decades to come.

Your source showing the ICE death spiral just by the efforts of Tesla means there's millions of ICE sales that got hit in the head with a 10 lb sledgehammer just from one little small company.

Even Ford and other OEMs are taking the 10 lb sledgehammer to their ICE vehicle sales every year so naturally the death spiral is just going to continue to continue since All of the old sources of ice vehicles are getting in on the game of bashing in the heads of their future ICE sales with 10 lb sledgehammers.
Looking at the numbers the only vehicles in a death spiral are EVs. Again you have tried to change the subject and you have not produced you source of increased EV sales.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,704  
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,706  
Looking at the numbers the only vehicles in a death spiral are EVs. Again you have tried to change the subject and you have not produced you source of increased EV sales.
Every year there are more EVs being sold and each EV sold typically is one less ICE sold.

In your previous post you showed how Tesla has sold a few million EVS so that's a few millions ICE that have been hit in the head with a 10 lb sledgehammer.

Why do you struggle with the math so?

As ICE sales continue to decline, it is increasing the cost of ICE vehicles or the people that continue to make ICE has to lower their profit margin on each one they sell, hence the ICE death spiral is not reversible until all EV makers cease to exist.

Is the reality of the math starting to sink in?

Did not Toyota recently announce that they were going to get out of the pure ICE vehicle manufacturing business?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,707  
Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,708  
Well Hail.

That must to have been one hail of an experience. 🙂

I remember when I was in Abilene Texas somebody had been dropping off at a dealership I think to pick up a new car company car and the guy wound up calling his boss and said he needs somebody to come get him. He said what happened. He said new car got totaled in a hailstorm.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,709  
That must to have been one hail of an experience. 🙂

I remember when I was in Abilene Texas somebody had been dropping off at a dealership I think to pick up a new car company car and the guy wound up calling his boss and said he needs somebody to come get him. He said what happened. He said new car got totaled in a hailstorm.

I was thinking while watching the vid that this may be one case where a Model Y would be quicker to fix and maybe even less expensive than an ICE car if considered short of a total.

Model Y order a new hood, replace all horizontal glass. Rework roof rails , fender tops, and rear spoiler, repaint and A Lot of vacuuming... Still on a new car replacing Glass is quick.

I was actually looking in to buying a salvage Chevy volt (hail damage only) out of Colorado sometime back, and having it shipped up here as a cheap option. Still considering that method (Tesla wreck) for getting battery storage for part of a back up + solar for the house.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,710  
I kind of like the idea behind the electric vehicles, I looked at an F150 lighting this weekend, it was pretty cool. I don't see myself ever owning one, at least in the near future. I have an F350 DRW with a large cap over camper, I don't see an electric truck hauling that halfway across the country or for that matter a few miles to the local campground.