Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,691  
A repeating news event that always using FSD could help prevent. We all could be one mini stroke away from making that first wrong turn. Hopefully when true end to end FSD is available people using it can avoid becoming a sad news story.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,692  
Tesla sales are actually down this year. And of course Id expect EV sales to climb. When you are such a small portion of the market, and heavily subsidized, it's expected you'd "grow"

My lawn care sales are WAY UP too this quarter. Because I just started last quarter.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,693  
since EV sales continue to climb annually.
Tesla world sales are at 386,810 vehicles sold this first quarter in 2024. That is les than any quarter in 2023.

What is your source?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,694  
A repeating news event that always using FSD could help prevent. We all could be one mini stroke away from making that first wrong turn. Hopefully when true end to end FSD is available people using it can avoid becoming a sad news story.

Maybe the solution is that 83yo with dementia and physical problems should not have a driver's license?
Personally I'm not thrilled at the prospect of being on the road with incompetent drivers regardless of what car they're in.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,695  
EV MPGe, cost savings, emissions, range, etc. is ALL deceptive in my opinion. "Save $6,500 in fuel costs over 5 years". Think about just that...what will the price of petroleum and electricity be in 5 years? That will be determined in large part by legislation passed (pumping/drilling for oil? More of fewer turbines & solar panels? Chargers?)
Who's behind all this...and we know who's paying for it...taxpayers!
I'm not an EV hater or against progress whatsoever but every type of vehicle serves a purpose.
At the turn of the previous century where were the mandates and tax incentives for Model T Fords?View attachment 863569
That example, at least separately,clearly identifies the “savings “ as a separate subject, which to me, makes it reasonable.

This advertisement provided by Grumpy’s little buddy, shows clear false advertising. It clearly implies that a purchase price starts at…. .. factoring in ending possible savings from 5 years in the future in small print.
Clearly, it’s intended to fool people into thinking the starting price is lower than it actually is.

It’s a shame Tesla feels they need to resort to such tactics
1713722674775.png

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,696  
EV MPGe, cost savings, emissions, range, etc. is ALL deceptive in my opinion. "Save $6,500 in fuel costs over 5 years". Think about just that...what will the price of petroleum and electricity be in 5 years? That will be determined in large part by legislation passed (pumping/drilling for oil? More of fewer turbines & solar panels? Chargers?)
Who's behind all this...and we know who's paying for it...taxpayers!
I'm not an EV hater or against progress whatsoever but every type of vehicle serves a purpose.
At the turn of the previous century where were the mandates and tax incentives for Model T Fords?View attachment 863569
Tesla sales are actually down this year. And of course Id expect EV sales to climb. When you are such a small portion of the market, and heavily subsidized, it's expected you'd "grow"

My lawn care sales are WAY UP too this quarter. Because I just started last quarter.

Heavily subsidized? Compared to who? Instead of tax breaks which most electric MFG's get, lets look at Loans

Tesla paid back loans With interest and did it early.

GM

Still owes the tax payers around 14 Billion. That is based the payback on stock valued at over $125 and it is at about $36.

Maybe GM should have sold stock to pay the outstanding balance
"owed to taxpayers",
Instead of buying back the Federally held stock to pump up the stock price, while shortchanging the Government on what was actually owed.
The high ups sell their stock options every time they are redeemable Including the CEO.

That is a hint right there as to what they really think their companies future holds.

Slight Rant over.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,697  
This is what I see:
"Total debt on the balance sheet as of December 2023 : $9.57 B. According to Tesla's latest financial reports the company's total debt is $9.57 B. A company's total debt is the sum of all current and non-current debts.
Companies ranked by Market Cap - CompaniesMarketCap.com › ...

Tesla (TSLA) - Total debt - Companies Market Cap

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,698  
I
This is what I see:
"Total debt on the balance sheet as of December 2023 : $9.57 B. According to Tesla's latest financial reports the company's total debt is $9.57 B. A company's total debt is the sum of all current and non-current debts.
Companies ranked by Market Cap - CompaniesMarketCap.com › ...

Tesla (TSLA) - Total debt - Companies Market Cap
have not seen that, but is any of it from loans from federal government ie. taxpayers. Like GM.

I can not imagine they don't have some financed and carried debt with building new and expanding existing factories. Gigatexas Is the 2nd largest factory in the US next to Boeing's Everett facility and they only broke ground in January 2021.

Admittedly Tesla did get a renewable energy and research tax credit of
'1.6 billion'

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,699  
Taxpayer cash to any large business rubs me the wrong way. However, let's be intellectually honest.

My post was about how direct subsidies paid to the buyer will elevate a product or service. Thus making an increase in sales or really any sales numbers become disconnected from the actual product itself to a degree.

A loan to GM doesn't make a buyer more prone to buy said product. A direct subsidy to the purchaser, does. Let's play a game... If the taxpayer paid 50% of the value of any new car, for the purchaser, would that manufacturer or any company shill, REALLY tout that it's because their product is so amazing? C'mon man. The subsidy to the buyer is literally created to increase sales... So don't brag to me about the amazing sales and ICE death spiral. It's a manipulated market, and we can all agree on that. Most EV buyers here brag about how heavily manipulated it is, because it helped to line their pockets.

Apples and oranges. You compare taxpayer loans to GM with DIRECT payments to EV buyers... One is direct market manipulation. Both are bullshit, but one sells more cars... It's the one EV buyers brag about.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,700  
When it comes to subsidies the law may require the provider accept same as cash.

Running into this with Federal subsidized housing where it is actually illegal to not participate based on buyer receiving subsidy.