Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #51  
Just double checked my service manual for 00 series chasis and it mentions nothing about adjusting positioning valve just how to set feed back.

Last edited:
   / Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner.
Well I pulled the hydraulic cylinder case again this evening. I may have found my position control valve issue.

Someone was in here before and had reassembled the valve incorrectly. They installed the spring over the main spool instead of between the arm and seat.

1000013994.jpg

1000013997.jpg

It should be like this.

1000014015.jpg

I dismantled the entire valve assembly and cleaned/inspected it. To late to test tonight. Can't wait to test it tomorrow evening.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #53  
You haven't already, chang every fluid in that tractor. God only knows what he has used. Sometimes using the wrong hydraulic fluid can make stupid things happen

You haven't already, chang every fluid in that tractor. God only knows what he has used. Sometimes using the wrong hydraulic fluid can make stupid things happen
I found a receipt from 2019 where he bought a bucket of Duratran oil, FE9105 and TA069864 filter. I'm just waiting on the dealer for my new filters but the oil looks OK.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #55  
Jeff
Hopefully that spring will get your 3 point fully operational.
As a side note I used my 2400H to do the winter to summer implement shuffle and it would lift all the implements at idle.

Moving the spring got my 3ph positioning working. I can now control the positioning fairly well. It still requires about 1400 rpm to move.

I priced a new positioning valve at $506 USD. I'll play with it a bit more tomorrow but it's working for the most part.

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #57  
When the 3 pt is up, does it hold position if you leave it for a while?

/ Hello from a new Branson 2400h owner. #58  
Jeff
Can you operate the 3 point with the lift cover off? If yes can you tell or see where the oil is flowing with no command to raise? Does the flow stop out that point when command is given to raise?
Just trying to determine where flow is going when give command to raise the 3 point.

The lift arms stay in position until I lower them. There is no leakage by the piston.

I plan to shim the cover with 2x4 and run it. I suspect to see fluid flow from this port if this O-ring is leaking by.

1000014004.jpg

I'll get the old Mitutoyo digital calipers out and see if I have O-rings that fit.