Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,081  
Now, I have actually towed a conex box with my little smaller pickup. But, so far I've only towed 30 to 40 foot aluminum boxes, so somewhat lighter than the steel box.

I went with a little different solution, making a dolly that I could pull in transport mode, then disassemble, and assemble under the box. It looks like this photo was before tying down. The tongue is chained and strapped to the box. Straps over the box. Chain through the holes. The dolly is bolted to the box, and strapped too. Plus a light bar that can be put onto the back of it all, and enough wire to connect the brakes too.

I put removable fender covers on it in transport mode, and remove them before attaching the conex box.

View attachment 861976

I seem to have misplaced photos loaded with the pickup.
What are the load rating for those tires?

Depending on the era for the mobile home frames, those from the early 80s are insanely strong.

The guy with the brite green Evergreen should of checked his tire pressure on those wheels first. And the heavy the load, the slow you go due to the heat generated with those tires. Now in the cool Spring is a great time to move heavy stuff when it's dry. The tires will not blowout.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,082  
IMG_1506.png

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,083  
1713037524904.gif

Surely, none of us here on TBN have ever had a wheelbarrow experience similar to this , right? :rolleyes:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,085  
What are the load rating for those tires?

Depending on the era for the mobile home frames, those from the early 80s are insanely strong.

The guy with the brite green Evergreen should of checked his tire pressure on those wheels first. And the heavy the load, the slow you go due to the heat generated with those tires. Now in the cool Spring is a great time to move heavy stuff when it's dry. The tires will not blowout.

Mine were 14.5" , G rated, I think. That puts it somewhere around 3,000 to 3,500 lbs each tire. I can check the actual tires if you want.

However, for a set of 4 tires, that puts it in excess of 12,000 lbs.

I may try to add a third axle, so if I blow a tire, I'll still be able to tow to a safe pullout.

As mentioned, so far I've only done the aluminum boxes that are somewhere around 6K to 7K.

I do use equalizer bars.

As far as the other vehicle, those looked like 5 or 6 lug standard wheels. So, my guess is they were pushing the weight rating, although the tires didn't look flattened.

I would like a 20' or 24' steel box. Although I built my dolly/tongue to only haul 8' boxes, so if I find an 8'6" box, I'll be out of luck. But, loading and unloading a 20 footer will be different.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,086  
View attachment 862262
Surely, none of us here on TBN have ever had a wheelbarrow experience similar to this , right? :rolleyes:
I have a bucket loader. What is this "wheelbarrow" you are referring to?
To be honest I do have one... my grandfather made it for me in 1976.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,087  
I have a bucket loader. What is this "wheelbarrow" you are referring to?
To be honest I do have one... my grandfather made it for me in 1976.
I own a wheelbarrow but I could not tell you where it is on the property. About once a year it's in my way and move it to some other place. Have not used it for 20+ years. IF a tractor can't get to it, something has to be done about the access to said area.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,088  
Mine were 14.5" , G rated, I think. That puts it somewhere around 3,000 to 3,500 lbs each tire. I can check the actual tires if you want.

However, for a set of 4 tires, that puts it in excess of 12,000 lbs.

I may try to add a third axle, so if I blow a tire, I'll still be able to tow to a safe pullout.

As mentioned, so far I've only done the aluminum boxes that are somewhere around 6K to 7K.

I do use equalizer bars.

As far as the other vehicle, those looked like 5 or 6 lug standard wheels. So, my guess is they were pushing the weight rating, although the tires didn't look flattened.

I would like a 20' or 24' steel box. Although I built my dolly/tongue to only haul 8' boxes, so if I find an 8'6" box, I'll be out of luck. But, loading and unloading a 20 footer will be different.
20' for storage from other TBN people here are these,

20190407_170859.jpg

0711171328-00.jpg

future - 20x8x9 sea container.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,089  
View attachment 862262
At first, I thought the board broke, but I see he just slipped. If it was a wheelbarrow of manure, they could call him shlt head.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,090  
I have a cheap wheelbarrow that I put a airless tire on and use once in a while. I have my Dad's garden cart which I use a lot.
No way am I going to start my tractor to move some small items.

That guy slipping on that board with the wheelbarrow, reminds me of the time I filled a wheelbarrow full of manure and pushing it out of the barn, up the catwalk. I'm glad it was winter, almost to the end of the catwalk I slipped, but the last thing I did was push the wheelbarrow away from me and we both fell in the frozen manure. I didn't get anything on me.