YM276D Remote Hydraulics

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics #11  
Yes I posted the picture of it. But still doest really answer my question regarding the 1/4 plug it says to install in the manual and if there is another way around it. I know the pto driven pump types are easy but the backhoe I have found cheap isn't that type so that my reason into looking for options.
OK. Those pictures you posted are ones I recognize from when I used to have a full set of shop manuals. They seem very complete.
Apparently the special sleeve required on some models is not quite what is required on the YM276D, the callout says it wants a 3/? -18 NPTF headless plug (means hex key plug) to block the internal flow, and then the 1/4" that replaces the exterior plug sounds like it is simply an adapter.

So is your question that you do not know if the 3pt will still work if you tap into there for the backhoe?
I'd say it doesn't look like it will from those pictures. UNLESS, you hook it up using the IN or P plus the PB port on the backhoe control valves. That PB port is where pressure would come from for the 3pt. . Does the backhoe control valve even have a PB port? That is where you need to look. and activating most PB ports on control valves also requires that special sleeve we keep mentioning - the sleeve in the valve providing the same function as that headless plug does in the Yanmar.

And I think the backoe still needs a return line that is not shown.

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics #12  
I would say, just get a backhoe attachment with the Pto pump. It is so much easier. It also gives the ability to run your tractor at a very low rpm and put the pto in a higher gear and still operate the backhoe.

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics #13  
The YM2500 had 4 gears PTO. Never used 4th on any implements. I figured PTO. Hyd. is what it was used for ?. I always wished I had the RS1400 tiller then I would have done it. The YM2000 3rd. PTO was zooming!!! I put it back into 2nd.. It worked really good in the soft garden.

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics
Looking through the hydraulic diagrams I have a work around. So hear me out on this.... the ym276 has the auxiliary in and out port once you use the 1/4 tapered hex plug in one port to block off flow to the second port making it the return essentially and sending the fluid down to the pto. Now once you remove the attachment you typically would have to remove the 1/4 plug and cap the ports again. Since I am wanting to install quick couplers for options I am going to set it up with 3 valves and 2 T's so I don't have to remove that 1/4 plug to return flow back through the pto all I will have to do is open the cross over valve (that I will install) and close the 2 valves to the quick disconnect....I have seen those leak before. With this set up I can easily disconnect the attachment and hook up to the bushhog or tiller and only have to open one valve to use pto.... with that said after detaching the attachment you have to open that valve so that uou don't destroy your hydraulic pump.

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics #15  
This is likely the part you speak of to keep from cutting the line. Hydraulic Pump Adapter - Pump to Flex House
Looking through the hydraulic diagrams I have a work around. So hear me out on this.... the ym276 has the auxiliary in and out port once you use the 1/4 tapered hex plug in one port to block off flow to the second port making it the return essentially and sending the fluid down to the pto. Now once you remove the attachment you typically would have to remove the 1/4 plug and cap the ports again. Since I am wanting to install quick couplers for options I am going to set it up with 3 valves and 2 T's so I don't have to remove that 1/4 plug to return flow back through the pto all I will have to do is open the cross over valve (that I will install) and close the 2 valves to the quick disconnect....I have seen those leak before. With this set up I can easily disconnect the attachment and hook up to the bushhog or tiller and only have to open one valve to use pto.... with that said after detaching the attachment you have to open that valve so that uou don't destroy your hydraulic pump.
You are referring to pto, are you really referring to 3 point lift? Not sure I am completely following you. Yes, that would work, however, I don't think you have to do anything extra. The 3 point would lift as normal at all times unless you stop flow completely and you don't want to do that.

Last edited:
   / YM276D Remote Hydraulics #18  
This is likely the part you speak of to keep from cutting the line. Hydraulic Pump Adapter - Pump to Flex House

You are referring to pto, are you really referring to 3 point lift? Not sure I am completely following you. Yes, that would work, however, I don't think you have to do anything extra. The 3 point would lift as normal at all times unless you stop flow completely and you don't want to do that.
Like Winston says, you need to re-write your "hear me out" message. I also am mystified why you keep saying "PTO" (power take off - typically 540 rpm) instead of 3pt lift and wonder if we are missing someting.

Your backhoe control valve rack will have one outlet for return flow from cylinders on the unpressurized side. It might also have a PB (power beyond) port. If it does, you can use that in coming into H so you have pressure at "a" to the next valve. Otherwise, the fluid coming into H would seem to be your return flow - which is unpressurized.

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics #19  
BTW, Winston...didn't you and I work on accessory hydraulics on a 276 at least once before? I've got an old file with this jpg in it - and also some other shots plus a portion of a workshop manual.
rScotty Winston's hydraulic picture.jpg

/ YM276D Remote Hydraulics #20  
BTW, Winston...didn't you and I work on accessory hydraulics on a 276 at least once before? I've got an old file with this jpg in it - and also some other shots plus a portion of a workshop manual.
rScottyView attachment 861802
Probably did Scotty, but my memory doesn't serve me to well these days.