What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #301  
Last edited:
   / What do you drive for a truck? #302  
I’m hearing people are loving the ZF based 8-speed in the newer Rams.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #303  
Good point, I forgot about the original Cummins in those Dodge trucks.

It was too bad the rest of the early Dodge trucks was so crappy. I remember the feel of the interior plastic and hardware was really poor.
Everybody has an opinion on trucks. My crappy dodge 5.9 truck from 2000 has 350k miles. Original seats etc, looks brand new and everything still works. Replaced the radio so I could have hands free, but still have the original Cd/tape head unit to put back if I want to.

IMG_0612.jpeg

/ What do you drive for a truck? #304  
I’m hearing people are loving the ZF based 8-speed in the newer Rams.
I have 2 Zf‘s behind hemis. A hp70 in a 5.7 and a hp75 in a 6.4. They work well. 91k on the hp70. Lifetime lube is BS, and the swap is costly. But overall better than the rFe trannies. I have a 68rFE in my 2016 6.7. So far so good. I didn’t go asin since it was the 1st or 2nd year available. The 68rfe can be made bullet proof is why I picked it.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #305  
Yeah, no my friend the 5.9L Cummins of that era was much better. It was much heavier duty with a longer B rating/duty cycle.
5.9L Cummins was found in pretty big farm tractors & tandem axle dump trucks.

7.3’s never made it to those extremes.
This guy did!😜

/ What do you drive for a truck? #307  
So I have a F450 Crew Cab Limited 4x4 with the 6.7 Powerstroke and the 10 speed trans. It was shifting hard and sometimes not at all. Dealer tries replacing the valve body and still no good. Ended up replacing the trans completely .. That was at 15K miles. Truck now has 22500 miles and that extra mileage is from towing a 20K 5th wheel down and back to Fla this past winter..and some empty driving around Fla. So far no problems with the new unit. .. Also just traded our shitbox 2020 4x4 Sprinter van... God that thing was the biggest POS I have ever owned.. But its now replaced with Toyota Tundra Platinum.. So far that truck does everything very good,, but nothing great.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #308  
I have 2 Zf‘s behind hemis. A hp70 in a 5.7 and a hp75 in a 6.4. They work well. 91k on the hp70. Lifetime lube is BS, and the swap is costly. But overall better than the rFe trannies. I have a 68rFE in my 2016 6.7. So far so good. I didn’t go asin since it was the 1st or 2nd year available. The 68rfe can be made bullet proof is why I picked it.
The ZF8hp75 is one of the things I like best about my 2020 Ram 2500 gasoline truck 6.4L.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #309  
This guy did!😜
Yeah and hey that’s cool, but Cummins is trusted in 10’s of thousands of farm tractors and lots of large trucks….
…..even Fords ! 😁

/ What do you drive for a truck? #310  
I’ve ZERO beef with anyone who wants to drive a Ford/Powerstroke.
Just going off my experience with Ram/Cummins and previous owner of many Ford diesels.