Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ?

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #91  
I'm not worried about the blower, but the tractor driving through 19" of snow.
I find myself turning around to look at my inverted blower a lot. Still turning around.
I'm looking to buy. And I don't have a 5 series tractor. Mine is 3039R. But my driveway to be is 1/4 long and it will get 17" of snow in the next three days. I don't have to blow that this year, but next year, I will. So, I'm definitely all eyes and ears here.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #92  
Ours driveway is over a half mile and more than 100’ in elevation change. It will not be a problem at all. My tractor has 15.5x38 rears, loaded and weighted. Fronts are 13.6x24 with a 105 horsepower to boot.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #93  
People hate change. It will be fine.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #94  
I am standing by for results. This is a good test.
Well I didn't bother hooking up the blower, Branson 8050 with a 10 foot back blade drove right through 12-16" of heavy snow, sleet, and frozen layers where it rained between snow showers. 18.4-30 with studded chains rode on top of about 4" of pack blade ripped it right up. Only problem was backing up over the 3' high by 5' depth piles. Actually had to use the bucket twice to push up over and out.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #95  
We got that storm without the rain. 14 or so inches of wet snow. I am a snow contractor so go with the storm. Cyclone snow blowers have three different cutting edges available. Right now I am running plastic but will not do that again. Steel and Stainless are available. I am going back to stainless.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #96  
I'm looking to buy. And I don't have a 5 series tractor. Mine is 3039R. But my driveway to be is 1/4 long and it will get 17" of snow in the next three days. I don't have to blow that this year, but next year, I will. So, I'm definitely all eyes and ears here.
I REALLY hope you are wrong, you're only 20 miles north of me...and a few east.

Also, get the 60" heavy duty front mount Deere blower. Both your tractor and you will enjoy it. We do. (y)

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #97  
I REALLY hope you are wrong, you're only 20 miles north of me...and a few east.

Also, get the 60" heavy duty front mount Deere blower. Both your tractor and you will enjoy it. We do. (y)
Not sure where I posted my location, but that's alright. Just a few miles from Wrenshall. Anyway, you prefer the front end blower. I have thought about that. I have the midpoint PTO for it, but from what I have heard mounting and dismounting is not particularly quick and easy and I will want to use my bucket and grapple throughout the winter so tying up the FEL with a blower all winter is not high on my list.

On the other hand, that is why I'm watching this thread. Trying to learn.

PS Weatherunderground is currently listing a total of 14.9 inches before Wednesday morning.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #98  
I drive through 18'' of snow with my small TYM T474 with no issues and my 68'' MK Martin pull type blower. I added some magnetic inside mirrors to help keep track of the turret instead of adding electronic devices. I work in IT and has become more simplistic the older I get.

IMG_1598.jpg

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #99  
Not sure where I posted my location, but that's alright. Just a few miles from Wrenshall. Anyway, you prefer the front end blower. I have thought about that. I have the midpoint PTO for it, but from what I have heard mounting and dismounting is not particularly quick and easy and I will want to use my bucket and grapple throughout the winter so tying up the FEL with a blower all winter is not high on my list.

On the other hand, that is why I'm watching this thread. Trying to learn.

PS Weatherunderground is currently listing a total of 14.9 inches before Wednesday morning.
I have run front mounts and they certainly have their place. I like being able to take my blower off and hook to a trailer or whatever and be back to snow in 15 minutes. I do not run a loader with the inverted as it makes me too long for doing driveways but I could if I wanted to. The problem I had with front mounts is they always left that pile of snow wherever I finished. This would not work in a commercial setting. The inverted blower you back up to the garage door and head to the road leaving no residual on either end. This is with the Cyclone style. Yes, I do look back. I am more comfortable getting close to clients doors as I am looking right down at the blower. If I was off the front my tractor is too long for my old eyes to tell exactly where I am. Having to look back is the only downfall for me. I blow with the storm so depth is not an issue. I do agree that front mount has their place just not for me. Looking back is not a big deal.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #100  
I drive through 18'' of snow with my small TYM T474 with no issues and my 68'' MK Martin pull type blower. I added some magnetic inside mirrors to help keep track of the turret instead of adding electronic devices. I work in IT and has become more simplistic the older I get.

View attachment 858836
I had an 87" Mk martin. Nice blower.