Push Mower

/ Push Mower #1  

tude

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere A
My dad had almost 2 acres of lawn to be mowed. I got the job using a push mower. I started at 9AM and usually finished around 4PM. Attached is the operators manual for one the mowers I used. A new was bought when the existing quit from being worn out.

Attachments

• Ward Push Mower.jpg
    Ward Push Mower.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
   / Push Mower
Yes, it is. My brother thought the deck was cast aluminum.

/ Push Mower #5  
IMG_3993.JPG

I cut some of my Grandparent’s yard with a Toro like this one.
Once or twice.

/ Push Mower #6  
I also cut many lawns for about $3.00 each, or less, with a mower like this one, except mine didn't have that funny looking thing on top. ahhh Those good 'ole days.

/ Push Mower #7  
My dad had almost 2 acres of lawn to be mowed. I got the job using a push mower. I started at 9AM and usually finished around 4PM. Attached is the operators manual for one the mowers I used. A new was bought when the existing quit from being worn out.
I have 3 acres to mow and entirely using my push mower causes foot/leg pain. Switched to a riding mower and now the leg pain doesn't occur. Now only use the push mower for small areas that can't be mowed safely with the riding mower.

/ Push Mower #9  
I have 3 acres to mow and entirely using my push mower causes foot/leg pain. Switched to a riding mower and now the leg pain doesn't occur. Now only use the push mower for small areas that can't be mowed safely with the riding mower.

I cannot imagine mowing so much with a push mower —- even self propelled!

I guess you never needed a gym membership!

/ Push Mower #10  
My Dad had an unpowered manual push reel mower. There was a spot of Kentucky bluegrass in the yard that it wouldn't cut worth a hoot. Could have been dull blades. Fortunately, I came along at a time after he had bought a small gas powered riding mower.