Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ?

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #81  
As long as the blower is wider then the the tractor.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #82  
I would say check the blower weights closely.
From some of the Inverted units I looked up many of the Hybrid Inverted blowers are actually lighter for the 3 point to lift than the standard Inverted blowers.
The weight is what helps in scraping up packed snow and ice.

I’m doing a neighbors paved drive temporarily while he is recovering but my blower is set for my gravel drive that is still setting up a base. What a beast on pavement this could be with a simple adjustment.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #83  
The weight is what helps in scraping up packed snow and ice.

I’m doing a neighbors paved drive temporarily while he is recovering but my blower is set for my gravel drive that is still setting up a base. What a beast on pavement this could be with a simple adjustment.

Yep the weight helps.

I drop the WIFO down on the driveway ends where the county plowed us in.
1275 lb. of blower does a good job of getting to the base if you want to.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #84  
I am reading this thread because I will be buying a blower for next year. I live in Iowa now and the snow is pretty minimal (except for last week) and I've always done my drive and barn area with a grading blade on a JD 3039R. Next year, I'll be living outside of Duluth with a 1/4 mile driveway. So this thread is really interesting to me.

I've been more or less sold on inverted (strange name) blower and probably a hybrid (another strange name) at that. I thought I might start shopping for a used one or a good deal on a new one this spring and summer. If I don't find one by August, then I would order one from a dealer. I have dealers I could use both here in central Iowa or in Duluth.

Given my tractor size (~40 horses) and gravel drive, what make/model/size blower would you guys recommend?
See my post #38. Agrotrend 74” Inverted Hybrid and my Kioti CK30HST pulls it fine. Even with the 8” of heavy wet snow last week. With your 40 hp I’d go up to the next size… My 2 cents 🥴

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #85  
See my post #38. Agrotrend 74” Inverted Hybrid and my Kioti CK30HST pulls it fine. Even with the 8” of heavy wet snow last week. With your 40 hp I’d go up to the next size… My 2 cents

I see why it pulls easy, it weighs in at 525#. That is a good match for the tractor.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #86  
I just used my new Frontier SB1164P (hybrid) blower for the first time last weekend. I have it on my 2038R John Deere.

The 2038R handled it easily. I know it was only the first test but I was impressed. It was so nice to back up to the garage doors and leave very little snow behind. The issue of compacting the snow with the tractor before the blower can remove it was not an issue for me.

Again, only the first test but so far, I like. You still have to look back but doing most of the work whie driving forward was easier on my neck.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #87  
I am reading this thread because I will be buying a blower for next year. I live in Iowa now and the snow is pretty minimal (except for last week) and I've always done my drive and barn area with a grading blade on a JD 3039R. Next year, I'll be living outside of Duluth with a 1/4 mile driveway. So this thread is really interesting to me.

I've been more or less sold on inverted (strange name) blower and probably a hybrid (another strange name) at that. I thought I might start shopping for a used one or a good deal on a new one this spring and summer. If I don't find one by August, then I would order one from a dealer. I have dealers I could use both here in central Iowa or in Duluth.

Given my tractor size (~40 horses) and gravel drive, what make/model/size blower would you guys recommend?
I got mine from Iowa Farm Equipment. They treated me well.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #88  
We got 18” of snow yesterday, I’m going to prove all the nay sayers that the inverted blowers can handle that amount. I know it helps to have a 5 series tractor with ice chains! This is a before picture!

Attachments

• IMG_2316.jpeg
    IMG_2316.jpeg
    871.5 KB · Views: 32
   / Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #89  
I am standing by for results. This is a good test.

/ Pull type Hybrid snowblowers ? #90  
I'm not worried about the blower, but the tractor driving through 19" of snow.
I find myself turning around to look at my inverted blower a lot. Still turning around.