Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor
What are you using to drag with?
Some people call it landing mat others call it steel grating, but it was an old catwalk at a power plant, I use this thing every year in the spring it's 4'x 15' and heavy but it does a pretty good job at pasture dragging and is also good for smoothing land or leveling a field.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #353  
That could be a good name for a punk band "Dragging Cow Pastures"...

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #354  
What are you trying to accomplish by dragging?

What are you trying to accomplish by dragging?
Busting up tons of cow turds and spreading them out so they can work their way back into the soil, do-gooders call it organic :LOL: I just call it utilizing what is already there prior to putting out granular fertilize.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #356  
What's that yellowish broad leafed grass standing taller than the surrounding grass? Is it just crabgrass?
I think what you are seeing is just the morning dew on the grass where I haven't drug yet, it's all bahia.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #358  
Got some mowing going yesterday. Place is so big it takes 2 full days. Its very warm here for March. Onion grass and spring flowers are out. Lawns are greening up

1710588463921.jpeg

Got some mowing going yesterday. Place is so big it takes 2 full days. Its very warm here for March. Onion grass and spring flowers are out. Lawns are greening up

View attachment 857423
Is that your new tractor? If so what are your first thoughts?

Back to cleaning out old fence rows, it's boring but it pays good. Fertilized cow pastures and 1 hay field this week and if you look on the picture of the roof top you can see we had a frost here in North Florida this morning but Easter is coming and that will be the end of the frost, hope everyone is having a good week. Charlie.
20240320_074319.jpg
20240320_090712.jpg
20240320_090726.jpg
20240320_130211.jpg
20240320_130233.jpg