Water Heater Help Needed,,, It Has Air In It After A While

/ Water Heater Help Needed,,, It Has Air In It After A While #21  
I've got a 30 year old water heater and I've never been able to find the anode rod. I don't believe it has one.

/ Water Heater Help Needed,,, It Has Air In It After A While #22  
I'll just mention that we do a PM on our electric heater every six months which includes flushing the pressure tank ........ draining the heater .... replacing both elements ....... vacuuming the sediment out of the heater tank through the bottom element hole .... inspecting the anode through the same hole & replacing as required ( looks like every three years )
These days I consider heated water to be a necessity.

/ Water Heater Help Needed,,, It Has Air In It After A While #23  
I have air in my hot water in the ensuite every morning and occasionally at the kitchen too. It's only a small amount but has been happening for several years now. My tank is connected to a geothermal furnace and I don't fully understand it's operation. I have recently been learning about it due to other problems. It is my intention to isolate the geothermal from the water tank when the heating season is over to determine if that is the problem. We can be away for a few days and the air isn't any worse than when we have been home. The system doesn't seem to lose any pressure when we haven't used any water so I haven't spent any time tracing a leak. What else can cause a water heater to produce air or other gas when it's a stand alone? I haven't had the time to pursue this seriously but it's one of those things that my old brain won't let go.

/ Water Heater Help Needed,,, It Has Air In It After A While #24  
FROM GOOGLE:
When corrosion is happening inside the water heater, hydrogen can be created because of the chemical reaction happening in that corrosion cell. That hydrogen builds up inside your water heater and is released when you use the hot water, causing some air in the hot water lines.

/ Water Heater Help Needed,,, It Has Air In It After A While #25  
I have air in my hot water in the ensuite every morning and occasionally at the kitchen too. It's only a small amount but has been happening for several years now. My tank is connected to a geothermal furnace and I don't fully understand its operation. I have recently been learning about it due to other problems. It is my intention to isolate the geothermal from the water tank when the heating season is over to determine if that is the problem. We can be away for a few days and the air isn't any worse than when we have been home. The system doesn't seem to lose any pressure when we haven't used any water so I haven't spent any time tracing a leak. What else can cause a water heater to produce air or other gas when it's a stand alone? I haven't had the time to pursue this seriously but it's one of those things that my old brain won't let go.
FWIW: In addition to what @SARG posted, if your cold water has dissolved air in it, that air will come out of the water when it is heated.

All the best, Peter

/ Water Heater Help Needed,,, It Has Air In It After A While #26  
I just installed a pair of full port drain valves and electric anodes on my pair of rheem direct vent water heaters. Mine would eat a set of anodes in 3 years. the new drains allow me to really flush the tanks 2x a year.

/ Water Heater Help Needed,,, It Has Air In It After A While #27  
If it is a corrosion problem, I'm not going to worry about it for now as the tank is the original from 2006. I will check the condition of any anodes when it needs replacing. I've never flushed the tank as I was told that with the geothermal circulating water from the bottom, that sediment isn't a problem. I will thoroughly check for leaks in the system when the heating season is over and reply to this thread if I find anything. Thanks for the information.