My Industrial Cabin Build

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,752  
Oh dear, is that a shepherd/cattle dog? Hope Lauren has the energy to train that thing to be a good helper. Our neighbors have an Australian, didn't train it too well, and it barks at everything that moves and bites kids sometimes. Those dogs need a strong bond and a daily routine of things to do. Cute dogs but a handful.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build
#4,753  
Oh dear, is that a shepherd/cattle dog? Hope Lauren has the energy to train that thing to be a good helper. Our neighbors have an Australian, didn't train it too well, and it barks at everything that moves and bites kids sometimes. Those dogs need a strong bond and a daily routine of things to do. Cute dogs but a handful.

Border collie. She is training it daily. Teaching it to be a herder.

#4,754  
Holy cow that dog grew fast!

Yeah, she’s 65 lbs. still on track to reach 100. It might happen and it might not. She is the prettiest dog I’ve ever had. Great temperament and showing pretty good instinct with the puppy. Still wants to chase and play with the goats so we continue to work on that

#4,756  
This weekend we are pretty lowkey. Lauren had surgery Friday. Two procedures that will allow her to eat again. There was a pacemaker for her stomach, and a procedure to remove the pyloric muscle. She hadn't tasted meat for over a year, and yesterday she was able to eat a few bowls of bone broth. Chicken only, as she has Alpha Gal syndrome. She's in pain, and tired, but she's happy and hopeful. It's amazing to me how much she accomplished in the last year. She went back to school and completed her Degree in IT. She had signed a modeling contract just before she got sick almost two years ago, and was supposed to be doing runway modeling and was supposed to go to Spain for fashion week. even after surgery last year, She simply could not handle the workload for something like that and had to let that dream go but after she regained 20 or 30 lbs, she started working again and has managed to do some good modeling jobs in "commercial" work. living on an enteral feeder has limited her to 40 grams of protein and about 2000 calories a day. Her energy level just wasn't that high and she would tank around 730 each night. This change is going to open her life up a bit and Free her from the pump, and let her get back to some sense of normalcy.
We moved the electric fence for the goats to the "front yard" and bocce field. it's the only green grass near the house, right now. The areas that we put them in over winter have been worked over pretty hard. I need to get back outside and work on my build site for the goat barn that I am having put up. I submitted the paper work to the department of health last week and need to get the rest of the request to the county planning office. Hopefully we will have approval in a couple weeks. The company I'm working with is ready to go and called last week hoping to get it built in the next two weeks. I need to push the process a bit, if possible, because I'm scheduled for shoulder work at the end of next month and I will have fence work to do around the new barn.

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,757  
Great to hear about Lauren's progress! (y)

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,759  
Glad she is improving prayers sent

/ My Industrial Cabin Build #4,760  
Prayers the procedures improve her life. I'm so glad to hear this news of her finishing degree and such.