Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000?

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
What's your impression of it? Anyone with a cab version?

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #2  
What's your impression of it? Anyone with a cab version?

I bought a new MX5400 in March, and it's perfect. But as always in this conference, a description of what you want to do with it is probably in order.

I do mostly driveway maintenance, tree clearing (lots of grapple use), and brush-hogging. Stability was an issue for me, and the MX5400 is much wider than lesser numbered models (e.g. 20% wider than an L3901)

I don't have a cab.

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #3  
I traded in my MX5800 open station for a new MX6000 in June. I was just tired of not being able to use my tractor comfortably when I COULD use it because of heat indexes around 100 for a third of the year.I found myself with the issue of “having to Bush hog” vs. I get to Bushhog. I “have to fix the road”vs. I get to fix the road. Climate control is NICE! I wish I would have made the move sooner.

I fall into a category of Homesteader/Foodplotter. I am not a production Farmer and I am not a contractor. The MX6000 cab fit my needs and my wants.

As far as the tractor...it is a tractor. It is not a spaceship that I don’t know what a button does, can do, will do, won’t do or won’t do the same thing in a different place. I am sure those “creature comforts” are nice and I probably don’t know what I am missing on some of the luxury models but I just wanted a tractor that had AC and Heat...primarily the AC because that is when I use my tractor the most.

I got the radio, mirrors and third function installed and remotes(to be installed because the remotes are backordered). The MX6000 has as much power as I think I will ever need. I am not sure that my implements can handle anymore tractor and candidly, if I can’t get it done with this size tractor I probably need to hire the help to get it done.

I went with R4’s for stability primarily and secondly I don’t use my tractor when it is soupy muddy unless it is in an extreme case like moving a down tree out of a road after a storm. The one thing I don’t like is the lack of a tool box but there is a caddy inside the cab to put some pins and wrenches but not big enough for a hammer and such. This tractor is lite enough for a bumper pull 20 ft dual trailer (10,000lb) but you know it is back there.

The cab is spacious and seems to be well made. Engine noise is not an issue but you can hear what is going on if you listen good. The rubber floor mat has a pretty awful rubber smell for the first few times you use it. When I get my 50 hour service done I am going to get the rear wiper and rear work lights. The rear wiper primarily for tiller use because it kicks up the dust and the lights for backing up and hooking up since the days are getting shorter and I have to use my time to my advantage.

I hope this review helps you in your decision making process. I know oftentimes a tractor owner wants everybody to get the same tractor as they have and I don’t want this review to sound that way at all.

I really like this tractor for my needs but another fellow may not feel the same. I do believe that there is a market of Homesteaders/Food plotters that could get a lot of use and enjoyment out of this model and I am satisfied with my purchase so far.

• Good Post
Reactions: HEC
   / Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #4  
I traded in my MX5800 open station for a new MX6000 in June. I was just tired of not being able to use my tractor comfortably when I COULD use it because of heat indexes around 100 for a third of the year.I found myself with the issue of 塗aving to Bush hog vs. I get to Bushhog. I 塗ave to fix the road牌s. I get to fix the road. Climate control is NICE! I wish I would have made the move sooner.

I fall into a category of Homesteader/Foodplotter. I am not a production Farmer and I am not a contractor. The MX6000 cab fit my needs and my wants.

As far as the tractor...it is a tractor. It is not a spaceship that I don稚 know what a button does, can do, will do, won稚 do or won稚 do the same thing in a different place. I am sure those 田reature comforts are nice and I probably don稚 know what I am missing on some of the luxury models but I just wanted a tractor that had AC and Heat...primarily the AC because that is when I use my tractor the most.

I got the radio, mirrors and third function installed and remotes(to be installed because the remotes are backordered). The MX6000 has as much power as I think I will ever need. I am not sure that my implements can handle anymore tractor and candidly, if I can稚 get it done with this size tractor I probably need to hire the help to get it done.

I went with R4痴 for stability primarily and secondly I don稚 use my tractor when it is soupy muddy unless it is in an extreme case like moving a down tree out of a road after a storm. The one thing I don稚 like is the lack of a tool box but there is a caddy inside the cab to put some pins and wrenches but not big enough for a hammer and such. This tractor is lite enough for a bumper pull 20 ft dual trailer (10,000lb) but you know it is back there.

The cab is spacious and seems to be well made. Engine noise is not an issue but you can hear what is going on if you listen good. The rubber floor mat has a pretty awful rubber smell for the first few times you use it. When I get my 50 hour service done I am going to get the rear wiper and rear work lights. The rear wiper primarily for tiller use because it kicks up the dust and the lights for backing up and hooking up since the days are getting shorter and I have to use my time to my advantage.

I hope this review helps you in your decision making process. I know oftentimes a tractor owner wants everybody to get the same tractor as they have and I don稚 want this review to sound that way at all.

I really like this tractor for my needs but another fellow may not feel the same. I do believe that there is a market of Homesteaders/Food plotters that could get a lot of use and enjoyment out of this model and I am satisfied with my purchase so far.

It would be helpful if you could enter your general location in your profile.

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000?
I bought a new MX5400 in March, and it's perfect. But as always in this conference, a description of what you want to do with it is probably in order.

I do mostly driveway maintenance, tree clearing (lots of grapple use), and brush-hogging. Stability was an issue for me, and the MX5400 is much wider than lesser numbered models (e.g. 20% wider than an L3901)

I don't have a cab.

My plan is to find 50 + HP tractor with a cab that is narrow enough and light enough to fit on my trailer and comfortably pull a 10 ft cultivator, a 7 or maybe 8 ft rototiller and a grass seeder. The dust has finally gotten to me so I need a cab and also enough HP to get the job done.

I traded in my MX5800 open station for a new MX6000 in June. I was just tired of not being able to use my tractor comfortably when I COULD use it because of heat indexes around 100 for a third of the year.I found myself with the issue of 塗aving to Bush hog vs. I get to Bushhog. I 塗ave to fix the road牌s. I get to fix the road. Climate control is NICE! I wish I would have made the move sooner.

As far as the tractor...it is a tractor. It is not a spaceship that I don稚 know what a button does, can do, will do, won稚 do or won稚 do the same thing in a different place. I am sure those 田reature comforts are nice and I probably don稚 know what I am missing on some of the luxury models but I just wanted a tractor that had AC and Heat...primarily the AC because that is when I use my tractor the most.

I got the radio, mirrors and third function installed and remotes(to be installed because the remotes are backordered). The MX6000 has as much power as I think I will ever need. I am not sure that my implements can handle anymore tractor and candidly, if I can稚 get it done with this size tractor I probably need to hire the help to get it done.

I went with R4痴 for stability primarily and secondly I don稚 use my tractor when it is soupy muddy unless it is in an extreme case like moving a down tree out of a road after a storm. The one thing I don稚 like is the lack of a tool box but there is a caddy inside the cab to put some pins and wrenches but not big enough for a hammer and such. This tractor is lite enough for a bumper pull 20 ft dual trailer (10,000lb) but you know it is back there.

I hope this review helps you in your decision making process. I know oftentimes a tractor owner wants everybody to get the same tractor as they have and I don稚 want this review to sound that way at all.

That is a great review, thank you. I also would get the side mirror and door handle plus rear remote and even draft control if it doesn't already come with it. Industrial tires as well.

I also work in dry weather only and the dust from implements has finally overtaken me and the cab is a necessity. What used to be an unbearable operation of heat, sweat and dust is now a walk in the park with clean clothes, A/C, a soda and some tunes on the stereo. My only concern is the TIER IV but I think they have this engine figured out. I would love to find a pre-TIER IV cream puff but just can't. These are amazing tractors with lots of power and the right size.

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #8  
I’ll chime in on the Tier IV as I had a skid steer that was pre emissions and now have a new L4060HSTC. IMO there’s nothing to worry about with Tier IV final in the new tractors. Whether it’s regeneration of PM in the DPF, higher operating temps or the use of DEF it’s a pretty refined process. My regeneration takes about 15 minutes and I continue working while it’s going on. You can delay or park while it happens but the process was a lot less painful than I imagined. The regen in the MX would be the same.

Thank you.

I’ll chime in on the Tier IV as I had a skid steer that was pre emissions and now have a new L4060HSTC. IMO there’s nothing to worry about with Tier IV final in the new tractors. Whether it’s regeneration of PM in the DPF, higher operating temps or the use of DEF it’s a pretty refined process. My regeneration takes about 15 minutes and I continue working while it’s going on. You can delay or park while it happens but the process was a lot less painful than I imagined. The regen in the MX would be the same.

/ Any owners of the new MX5400 or MX6000? #10  
I have had my MX6000 Cab since May. I use it mainly for pulling my LP 2074 mower and FEL work. I bought an Armstrong Ag HD 2020 disc that I am getting ready to use to plant some food plots so that will be a good test for it. I did the 50Hr. service and it now has 64 hrs on it. So far very happy with it.