An EV??????`

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / An EV??????` #181  
That T REX is a beast.
I really wanted a Track Hawk but even used was a bit more than I could budget.
I had one for a while, but it was a bit of a disappointment.

Shouldn't have been since it was obvious that with the extra weight it'd be nothing like the Challenger.

Okay, the TRX is slower yet, and has a severely limited top speed, but that I knew going in. And it can do things the Trackhawk couldn't.

Also ordered a Durango, but when that one finally showed up I'd bought a GT AWD and liked it a lot more. Sold the Durango with the same 18 miles it had on it when I picked it up.

/ An EV??????` #182  
I'm the same way. Which is why I live where I do. Many of the trips I take into the Nevada outback I can travel 200 miles and not see another person or even another vehicle. God's country.
View attachment 861171
I got to do a very small taste of that and I would just stop, my eyes would feast on a continuous mountain chain of God’s Majesty. Just like in your photo.

/ An EV??????` #183  
The one in my above post is county-maintained, and the counties do a great job. Unfortunately most of the roads around me are BLM (Federal government) and they do almost no road maintenance. If a road becomes impassable due to washouts or whatever then it is considered closed and the area becomes eligible for "wilderness" designation wherein no vehicles are allowed at all. This is a pic of a BLM road, taken about 30 miles south of the road in the above post:
View attachment 861184

Only a designated employee of the Federal Government is allowed to work on a BLM road. A private individual would be subject to arrest. That policy is a big change that came about some 30 years ago. Up till then, if a rancher or miner had an interest in an area (like a mining claim) he was allowed to maintain the road. No more.
I see quite few county roads here that look like that for months after storm. Granted mostly country roads through federal land.

/ An EV??????` #184  
I got to do a very small taste of that and I would just stop, my eyes would feast on a continuous mountain chain of God’s Majesty. Just like in your photo.

Around here we call our mountains "The Altars of God". I find it most appropriate.

P1060937ertbn12-31-23.jpg

/ An EV??????` #185  
I would say I’m surprised but few things surprise me anymore.

If road isn’t maintained how does a person reach their mining claim or private land?

Monster truck, pack mules, winter snow cat?

If they can fix the road up just using manpower (using pick and shovel) then the Feds don't seem to get that upset. If you need to bring in equipment then there's a permit process to go through...but it costs money and can take months or even years.

If you were to go prospecting on public land and find a ledge bearing gold, for instance, it will take a minimum of 7-10 years of permitting processes and millions of dollars (for those permits) before you are allowed to move any dirt!

/ An EV??????` #186  
I know I have said this before, but I am an IDEAL candidate for an electric medium duty truck. The torque would be phenomenal and all my trips are less than 40 miles.

I have an ICE BMW X5 and a Jeep Rubicon for personal transportation.

If they build a Ram 5500 with electric that’ll pull more than my current Cummins will, without taxpayer subsidies, I’ll buy it. But I don’t think it’ll happen.
It is coming.

Tesla makes a semi truck, and several other brands are breaking into the market. Probably not what you're interested in, but the EVs are far more than just little golf carts.

The Chevy Silverado Work Truck was supposed to come with a 20,000 lb towing variety, but it hasn't made it to the market yet. I'm hoping perhaps spring of 2025.

Unfortunately there has been very little recent information about the heavy tow package for the Chevy Silverado EV.

RAM is working on an EV pickup, hopefully for this fall, but probably only the 1500 model for now, only being introduced with the smaller battery pack.

There are some notes about an impressive startup Atlis XT Electric Pickup Truck with 20,000 to 30,000 towing. Unfortunately that appears to be vaporware, and may not make it to market.

Smith Newton has been making small box trucks for about a decade now.

Stake+Bed+v2.png

Some of the older Smith Newtons are now making it onto the secondary market.

I think a few other brands are also working on the small truck market.

/ An EV??????` #187  
I’m starting to see the Tesla truck on the roads.

3 days 3 Tesla trucks… doubt the same one but it could be 35 miles away?

Saturday attended a funeral and as was leaving looking for an opening to pull out 5 Tesla cars drive by.

On the way home car carriers loaded with Tesla cars heading South.

Someone is buying them.

/ An EV??????` #188  
It is coming.

Tesla makes a semi truck, and several other brands are breaking into the market. Probably not what you're interested in, but the EVs are far more than just little golf carts.

The Chevy Silverado Work Truck was supposed to come with a 20,000 lb towing variety, but it hasn't made it to the market yet. I'm hoping perhaps spring of 2025.

Unfortunately there has been very little recent information about the heavy tow package for the Chevy Silverado EV.

RAM is working on an EV pickup, hopefully for this fall, but probably only the 1500 model for now, only being introduced with the smaller battery pack.

There are some notes about an impressive startup Atlis XT Electric Pickup Truck with 20,000 to 30,000 towing. Unfortunately that appears to be vaporware, and may not make it to market.

Smith Newton has been making small box trucks for about a decade now.

Stake+Bed+v2.png

Some of the older Smith Newtons are now making it onto the secondary market.

I think a few other brands are also working on the small truck market.
Ewww that rig is butt ugly

/ An EV??????` #189  
Im not sure where you would load the ready mix sacks of concrete and lumber from a Home Depot run?

It reminds me of some of the SciFi films of the past driving along next to it.

Saturday had great weather and Los Altos/Saratoga is an upper scale area with other interesting cars on the road… 427 side pipe Cobra, 2 Ferraris, Twin Turbo Mercedes, etc…

/ An EV??????` #190  
Im not sure where you would load the ready mix sacks of concrete and lumber from a Home Depot run?

It reminds me of some of the SciFi films of the past driving along next to it.

Saturday had great weather and Los Altos/Saratoga is an upper scale area with other interesting cars on the road… 427 side pipe Cobra, 2 Ferraris, Twin Turbo Mercedes, etc…
What the wealthy drive is of little consequence to the market.

Seeing a larger proportion of EVs in those areas does not mean much. It also feeds the "toys for the rich" narrative. These are not the folks that keep a vehicle for more than 5 years like most of us do. When the new wears off, they buy the next new toy to feed their egos.

Status
Not open for further replies.