Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,501  
Just had an Earthquake. Friends up near Scranton felt it all the way up there

heard from friend on eastern Long Island NY. 4.8 magnitude, shook his area too.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,502  
Summer is coming... wet and cold today but 80º expected next week!
Hopefully my friend gets his new to him JD delivered today or tomorrow (y)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-05 073410.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-05 073410.png
    229.8 KB · Views: 26
   / Good morning!!!! #188,503  
I did PT 3 times per week. I still can't imagine doing both knees at the same time.
I'm doing twice a week now with my shoulder.

Good morning! 60˚ heading to 85˚ with S winds and mostly sunny skies. 0% chance of rain. Looks like it will be a good Saturday tomorrow for the 145 separate garage sales held in the neighborhood parking lot.

Getting text and phone warnings about Monday crowds and traffic during the eclipse since our town is in the path of totality. It is suppose to be cloudy with 30% chance of rain. Only the planes above the clouds will get to see the eclipse, but everyone is hoping for a small break in the cloud cover. Will see.
a friend of mine went to TX to see it, he was hoping for better conditions there. He planned this many months ago.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,504  
47 deg and windy out.
No plans for today. I did get the rest of the pictures scanned yesterday, the one I was working on when i got the call and rushed out. I'm tired of scanning, so probably won't do the last album right now.
son's knee still swollen. stitch area looking ok. Still hurts him to walk.
Son in TN is looking to move again. he has moved to a new place every year since he moved there, but last time only thing we did was deliver a washer and dryer we had here.
my left elbow has been hurting for a week or so. This is one I messed up when I was a teenager.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,505  
a friend of mine went to TX to see it, he was hoping for better conditions there. He planned this many months ago.
Saw where cloud cover is likely in most of the country. NE has the best chance for a clear view. I'll be watching it from the comfort and safety of my home ... on TV

/ Good morning!!!! #188,506  
62°F and 1.02 inches rain. OK, need a break here. Sun actually.

This morning looking pretty much like yesterday. Mowing doubtful.

No word on my tractor. Guess I’ll reach out today. 3 weeks.

Guys lost H&F. A close game but the gals dominated 6 out of 7 rounds.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #188,507  
Saw where cloud cover is likely in most of the country. NE has the best chance for a clear view. I'll be watching it from the comfort and safety of my home ... on TV
The best way.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,509  
37F and cloudy @ 13:00, calling for a high of around only 41F today.

Sun did come out yesterday and I made it around back yesterday to put some Irish Spring on the day lilies. Looks like they were initially nipped off down to the ground and apparently left alone after that, about 3" - 4" of new growth since then.

Walked over to the garden and took a look at the blueberry bushes, rhubarb and sage while I was back there.

Woman cooked up some bacon and made BLTs yesterday.

As of this morning tomato seedlings doing very well, getting to the point that some may need a little water:

IMG_3144 copy.jpg

Quite a few doubles there, not sure exactly how that happened.

A lot of the cabbage and broccoli popped out overnight:

IMG_3146 copy.jpg

And good germination on the "Cheddar" cauliflower at least:

IMG_3147 copy.jpg

French Marigolds:

IMG_3145 copy.jpg

A little more sun would be really helpful - it really warms those seed trays up a huge amount.

Spent some time watching YouTubes on peach tree care yesterday to find out what is needed as far as spraying goes. Need to order some fungicide from Amazon, will pick up some Liquid Sevin concentrate at Menards next time we're down there.

Also watched a couple of YouTubes on charring fence posts as a method of preserving them.

Have a couple of good sized black locust trees targeted to cut down for posts, with a few logs already down plus a pair (?) of eastern red cedar.

Probably order a draw knife from Amazon as well for debarking them.

Itching to get back outside, just need the temps to cooperate. On the upside, 5 days in the Ten Day are calling for temps near 70F ... and 3 of them are supposed to be dry !

Hopefully be able to get that mess cleaned up off the lawn over on the west side.

Found a good YouTube channel of a lady gardener here in Ohio that The Woman liked. Got the 411 on the row covers she uses, will need to check into those further.

Not sure what all is on the agenda for the rest of the day but I'm sure I'll find something to do.

Hope everyone is having a decent Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #188,510  
RUMBLE RUMBLE
that was sure interesting
thought it was a fleet of heavy lift choppers going right over house, but the noise was too
low, like a deep grumble.

earthquake went right up Delaware River and I'm only a couple miles away

I went outside, saw nothing, oh well
we don't get them often here and they are only oddities

nice lunch with friend, home to change clothes and push the little mower for some steps