Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,441  
59 outside this AM, heading to lower 70's today. Rain expected later....sigh.

Will be working indoors today I guess. Yesterday we got to 80 degrees. Nice, but warm. LOL. Managed to get the pressure washer out and do the trucks. Also managed to get in some domestic time. Noted another neighborhood is on the planning commission agenda for public hearing up the road. What use to be a horse farm and woods is now 2,000 homes and growing. Wow. I liked the woods better, the horse farm...yeah..not so much. The neighborhood now...even less. Nice homes, just stacked on top of each other. A nice touch though are the extensive walking trails. Paved. That's progress people.

Hope all have a great day. Be safe. And have a good start to the weekend.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,442  
I wasted most of a good day inside on the computer. Trying to clean up my genealogy spreadsheets before the party. Had Left out some cousins on the family chart that goes back 6 generations from me, and now working on another historical chart back to 1748 pre revolution, that includes both of dad’s lineage, and got mothers maternal side back to Ireland. Interesting to see which ones were around during certain events in history. Don’t have much on mom’s paternal side. 2 large spreadsheets. Also matching it up to when they bought land in Ohio after it became a state. The land patents before 1833 were signed by the president, and copies available from govt. dad’s farm not originally in our family, but I’ve traced back to original owners.
Have lineage on dad’s maternal side to revolutionary war timeframe.
Found mistakes in a historical writeup published in 1889 concerning my GG grandfathers brother, it says he participated in an event that happened 10 yrs before he was born. People read old documents and take them as fact, but the dates just don’t match.
Biggest obstacle is laying it out to print, so it’s legible. Right now I have the historical one on 14 sheets. Genealogy one is 12 sheets, and is still pretty small to read. And now over 250 pics in the slideshow.
Dad having more really bad forgetful moments, came on rather suddenly.
Dennis, when my oldest brother's wife did a study on the female side of my family, the one that goes back to Miles Standish, she did it all in caligraphy on an extra large sheet. It keeps getting wider...
We got that scanned for each of us, and framed. But now there are two generations to add, and not so easy to update.
A spreadsheet would be better...

prayers for your Dad. Every day is a blessing.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #187,443  
Rip, 2000 homes is like having a town built next to you, not a community.
but you live in a beautiful area and clearly folks want to move there.

going to be a warm cloudy day, I think missing any bad weather though maybe a shower
any of those systems that come out of Texas and the Gulf usually soak us before they head out to sea.
they are usually on a 45 degree angle leaning to the right
not always, if the wind patterns heading East are strong, can blow out East by time it gets to PA.
But if not we have NorEasters that just come up the coast.
all this weather does mean we get plenty of rain.
I'm grateful for that.

my potted pink impatiens is a bit wobbly, but I got it done, and will carefully take to nursing home this morning to put
on a window sill. MIL has big sunny window. will see how an outdoors plant does in an indoor pot.
don't think I'll be giving her a moon plant that will grow 15 feet all over her wall...
impatiens at least stays low
next time I'll take her some forget me nots in pale blue

I brought back a second small ceramic pot made by my friend, and need
to figure out what to put in it for inside. Probably a succulent of some sort.
can't waste that sunshine coming through the window...

RNG, hope you can avoid toll roads on your trips back and forth.
when you make your last trip you will be a happy guy
always good to get settled in and let the dust settle a little
not like you will be just sitting around...maybe on a two wheel.

enjoy your day, feel well, do something fun

/ Good morning!!!! #187,444  
Good Morning!!!! 57F @ 4:15AM. Sunny. High around 75F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph.

Windy trip as expected yesterday, all in the slow lane with passing vehicles knocking off the cruise control due to buffeting. Barely made my usual gas stop with only a gallon and a half left in the tank. Things settled down north of Sacramento and by the time I got here there was just enough breeze to keep the mosquitos away. A little of Tim Smith's Climax moonshine helped smooth out the post road jitters. No tolls on the routes I take, Drew. Very few tolls in California, though they are starting to sell special express passes that give access to HOV lanes in some of the major metro areas. Areas that I avoid like the plague.

Need to make a grocery run today, and also swing by a motorcycle shop to pick up a battery for a DR mower I'll be moving south to sell. It's too big to not move under it's own power, and I'm not sure I have the strength in my arms anymore to start it on the pull cord. Probably stop by and visit my friend at his motorcycle shop, too, and see if he's up for another session on the Vanagon. Then back here to lube the wheels on the trailer before starting to load it up again. It's a little overdue at 13,000 miles. Better check to make sure I have enough grease.

TGIF gang!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,445  
A few pictures of the barn project. This area was used back in the day as a feeding area for the milking cows.

IMG_3334.JPG
IMG_3335.JPG
IMG_3333.JPG
IMG_3336.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #187,446  
Good morning! 68˚F thunder and lightning but no rain yet and none yesterday. NE wind, temp up to 72˚ with 90% chance of rain. CPA finished the taxes but not a good day for a road trip to pick them up.

I mowed with the bag to pick up all the leaves yesterday, Live Oaks stay green year round but loose leaves in the spring, when I noticed the EGO mower was not picking up the leaves. I had left the chute plug in and it was in mulching mode. Da. I had to re-mow the front yard.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,447  
Morning all, 54 going back up to 70 and light rain.
Was in the 70's, so after work played pick up stix. Just got one of the little grass areas done, the storms really dropped a lot of branches and 3 cart fulls is enough to put the chipper out.
The back area pick up stix will need the tractor, as most of those are full grown ash trees, a little harder to pick up with my little trash picker.
That little trash picker though saves me bending over a few hundred times to pick up branches, best investment ever to go for an all metal one.

Buppies - try to go somewhere to get some time to yourself to relax.

BEF - the memory thing is worrisome. But age does that. May need to start removing hazards ?

M7040 - that is a great space. Looks like it will be some work to replace that sill, looks to be pretty substantial.

Might have someone to take son's old bed.
Went of FB marketplace. Got 5 hits in 5 minutes. Scammers must have some bot searching for people to sucker.
I asked questions through messenger and out of the 7 respondents, only 2 could tell me how they were going to get the bed frame home. One seems interested and has a pickup truck. I have the assembly instructions printed out just in case.

Be well,
Made it 10 feet before the cart was full. Now three stacks for the chipper.
20240314_170406.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #187,448  
Woke up to the sound of thunder,
right on top of us, so no wondering.
We need some rain.

RNG, does this mean you are going to bring some firewood down with you at some point, or did you already haul some down? When do you hope to put your old place up for sale?

Taking son and 4 friends to a trampoline place today. Then grab some supper with them. 5 boys about 14 years old. I'm wondering if the boys will be as chatty as when I had an SUV full of young girls? hope not.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,449  
Good morning, the low is 35 and going to a high of 48°F. Wind ENE 8 mph. Sunny.

Today is the day the tree feller is coming, we will see if he shows up.

That line of storms coming up from Texas looks like there is a 'spin off' headed for Ottawa, ON. Will miss me altogether. This is a good thing.

BEF, what website are you using for your Ireland research?

The paternal side of our family came over from Ireland in the mid 1800s.
The maternal side came over from Nottingham, UK in the early 1900s.

Have a safe day all