Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,821  
I went Model Y because it was a few grand less than the RAV4 plug in hybrid.

….So you really wanted a RAV4, but went with a Tesla because it’s cheaper?
Pricing I see shows the Tesla over $48k, and the RAV4 prime AWD at $44k

Trying to follow your story, since yesterday you said you don’t mind paying Tesla over $2k a year for a self driving subscription

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,822  
War is hell for both sides. Think of how this factor is hasting the ICE death spiral. I went Model Y because it was a few grand less than the RAV4 plug in hybrid.

Well, because the government made it so by paying part of that bill. Right?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,823  
….So you really wanted a RAV4, but went with a Tesla because it’s cheaper?
Pricing I see shows the Tesla over $48k, and the RAV4 prime AWD at $44k

Trying to follow your story, since yesterday you said you don’t mind paying Tesla over $2k a year for a self driving subscription
Don't know when Gale bought his Tesla but I looked at the RAV4 Prime top trim model and it was pricing out at about $54K about 1-1/2 yrs ago. I bought my Tesla Y back in Sept of 2023 for $50K out the door (before the tax incentive)
Also I believe last year Tesla qualified for tax credit while Toyota didn't.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,824  
Well, because the government made it so by paying part of that bill. Right?
@tradosaurus has good data. The possible $7500 tax recovery was not key to my 14 Jan 2023 buying decision because getting the $7500 was in serious question on 14 Jan 2023. My blue 2" receiver options made my payment to Tesla $53900.

While 14 months later I haven't seen the $7500 yet but I have enjoyed the added FSD safety for over a year now.

I purchased the Model Y to get FSD and get my son off my case to order a Model Y.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,825  
I guess I'm looking at the RAV4 plug in hybrid, which MSRPs at $44k

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,826  
OK I was benchmarking again the 2023 Tesla Model Y Dual Motor Long Range for access to FSD.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,827  
I purchased the Model Y to get FSD and get my son off my case to order a Model Y.
I would not care what my son desired. Man, we are so different. And like I stated in my other post, for what you pay for FSD, I can buy fuel for a year.

This is why "some" people lauding EVs get a lot of push back. Their priorities do not mesh with what most people want. It results in their conclusions being questioned.

For me, $2400/year for FSD and what my son thinks is not germane to purchasing a vehicle. In fact, I will likely do the opposite of what he thinks. He has gone woke and it has affected his common sense. But that is another story...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #15,830  
Bottom trim level with no other options. Nice try though.
To get something equivalent to what I have in the Y, the Toyota website comes to $52,440.
My Y without tax incentives was $50K.
My son owns the Rav 4 Prime hybrid and it is nice but my Y is better in almost every metric.