MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #21  
That was my plan -- since I don't usually need the MMM in February :))), I thought I'd pull the spindles, have them ready, then when time allows take them apart and check for bearing numbers and locally available replacements.

Of course, they wouldn't be gold-plated like the OEM "special" "genuine" MF parts....

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #22  
"Of course, they wouldn't be gold-plated like the OEM "special" "genuine" MF parts...." he said smiling! We all know that MF is a world renown manufacturer of bearings. ;-)

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #23  
Of course, they wouldn't be gold-plated like the OEM "special" "genuine" MF parts....
You never know, Massey has been known to use "unique" parts, just look at the blades on these decks as an example. I've been looking for a non OEM replacement since I got the tractor and no one will make them because they are unique to the 2325/2326 deck.

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #24  
You never know, Massey has been known to use "unique" parts, just look at the blades on these decks as an example.

They are know as "proprietary" parts. There is only one reason for making them "unique", when there are many versions already in the system, they could chose.

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #25  
when you consider how long they actually last you must ask yourself if the money saved buying off brand is worth the labor you will incur in the long run. prob got 180hrs on my 2326 since 10-2020 and I have no qualms about putting another 200hrs on before doing heavy mtx. with that being said I am gonna buy a belt to keep on hand, just cause its a 2 week lead time to get one.
however only YOU will know the cost-benefit ratio for your situation.

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #26  
When I was looking for blades I was not really looking for less expensive. I was looking to put something like gator blades on it because that was always what I used previous to getting the GC because, well, I don't mow my lawn often and they do a better job of chopping up my grass when I let it get too long. I guess I could have gotten the mulching deck, but I'm too damn old and out of shape to have anything but a drive over deck.

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #27  
but I'm too damn old and out of shape to have anything but a drive over deck.
I am sure I have NO idea what you speak of........ :)
I did look to see if there was a gator blade version of the 2326 blades, not so much as to mulch but they are great at a straight cut also.

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #28  
Sometimes if you just throw out the blade part numbers in a GOOGLE search, it will comeback with aftermarket replacements.... Found out this way that OREGON brand blades were better blades, better pricing on e-bay than the JD blades for my riding mowers that are gold plated....

/ MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #29  
Sometimes if you just throw out the blade part numbers in a GOOGLE search, it will comeback with aftermarket replacements.... Found out this way the OREGON blades were better blades, better pricing on e-bay than the JD blades for my riding mowers that are gold plated....
oregon makes the gator brand blades, used on many mowers (from twin blade lawn tractors to triple blade 20k$ zero turns) personally. love them.
when it comes to the massey deck. massey blades your only option. people [psting john deere, kubota,kyioti, etc stuff is useful info but....does not help here.it is what it is.
however the blades are 1/4" thick and I, on my oldest set, is over 3 years usage. not too bad I guess.

edit: for the expensive sh-t. used on toro, xmark,massey z,revolt,and others.

Last edited:
   / MF GC 2300 mower deck [2325]mower spindle brgs #30  
however the blades are 1/4" thick and I, on my oldest set, is over 3 years usage. not too bad I guess.
Yeah, these things are hefty and don't easily get nicked or bent. They'll also gut through more than other blades I've seen including small brush. I expect that with the limited mowing I do that I may never need another set.