Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,572  
Not a single brake light showing in any of those incidents.

Pretty sure applying vehicle brakes in a sway situation is not the solution. You either need to apply trailer brakes separately or give it gas. And I'm not sure most folks have the cajones to punch the gas in those situations.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,573  
Pretty sure applying vehicle brakes in a sway situation is not the solution. You either need to apply trailer brakes separately or give it gas. And I'm not sure most folks have the cajones to punch the gas in those situations.
Kinda of hard to reach the trailer brake controller when you have the two handed death grip on the steering wheel....

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,575  
...not sure most folks have the cajones to punch the gas in those situations.
Can't claim unusual cajones but one time a sudden extreme crosswind nearly put my travel trailer next to my elbow, which dragged the AMC Eagle a little sideways. My instinctive, instantaneous reaction was full throttle. Even though it was a slight downgrade like in that video. Successful. Unforgettable. :eek::eek::eek:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,576  
Studies of these rollovers have found that most rollovers occur in 4!!! seconds, to quick for most people. Poor loading only makes things worse.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,577  
Studies of these rollovers have found that most rollovers occur in 4!!! seconds, to quick for most people. Poor loading only makes things worse.
No doubt, that is probably correct. There would be telltale signs ahead of those 4 seconds, but detecting those telltale signs would require that the drivers have receptors in their brains.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,579  
There would be telltale signs ahead of those 4 seconds, but detecting those telltale signs would require that the drivers have receptors in their brains.
Yeah. The instance I described was when the road emerged from a deep cut in a hill, into the open, onto a fill that maintained the same grade downhill. This fill the road was built on, was higher than the desert floor so more affected by wind. Nevada desert south of where the Tesla factory is now, windy, nighttime, not realizing 65 was too fast for the windy conditions. Might have been here, that looks about right.

I should have expected the severe crosswind as I came out of that cut.

Google shows guardrails there now. Likely installed because wind tossed others off the road.