Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,271  
Broken or just stupid? Hard to say. But both broken seems unlikely. View attachment 800432
A former neighbor gradually moved from Rhode Island to Maine years ago, using an unsprung car carrier without brakes behind a 3/4 ton van. One trip he made with a bailer loaded sideways, sticking way out on the ditch side. I don't know how he never got caught.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,272  
A former neighbor gradually moved from Rhode Island to Maine years ago, using an unsprung car carrier without brakes behind a 3/4 ton van. One trip he made with a bailer loaded sideways, sticking way out on the ditch side. I don't know how he never got caught.
Yeah we brought home a heavy Welger baler like that. My S70 busted its alternator so we took dads Mondeo. We didnt go past 70kmh because the off center of gravity made it ride unstable in crosswinds. Anyways it was loaded in reverse so the pickup stuck out into the road side and it was dark so nobody bothered us, trucks past by but we were baling the next day...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,274  
It looks like 2WD to me, you can see the front axle underneath. One of the "cool" things today is to level your truck... which I haven't been able to understand. I have a hard enough time looking over the hood t see where my tires are going when on marginal roads, I don't know why you would want to extand that distance.
One "levels" one's truck when it is a poser-truck and not a truck.

Have only once seen a lifted truck actually used where the lift could have helped but the problem was the rear differential was no higher than stock. Only the body of the truck was higher.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,275  
Knew a semi driver who also rode dirtbikes tied a 230 pound dirtbike in the middle of a flatbed one day, just like that. He did it just to be silly.
A TBN member once posted a picture of hauling his son's toy tractor home. The tot wanted him to haul it "Just like Daddy's". He brought it home strapped down on his gooseneck trailer.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,276  
I had a washer and dryer up against the cab in my pickup once. Brand new in the box and the dryer started to lift up a little. I had a buddy with me and I asked him if he saw that and he said yes. We stopped and did a better job of strapping it down.
I'm sure I mentioned this in some other thread but the old "levitating plywood" thing is a shock the first time you see it.

Slide some plywood or chipboard in the truck and on the way home discover the plywood is suspended mid air in the bed of the truck. Somehow, the winds lifts it and floats in mid air in the back of the truck until you slow down. First time is a shocker :)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,277  
Knew a semi driver who also rode dirtbikes tied a 230 pound dirtbike in the middle of a flatbed one day, just like that. He did it just to be silly.
A TBN member once posted a picture of hauling his son's toy tractor home. The tot wanted him to haul it "Just like Daddy's". He brought it home strapped down on his gooseneck trailer.
A diligent search of this thread will reveal multiple posts of photos of a Tonka toy dump truck as the sole item on a flatbed semitrailer secured with a single 4 or 5" strap. Often accompanied by a comment about the driver being cited for 49 CFR 393.128 (A light truck less than 10,000 lbs. requires 2 tie downs).

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,278  
Not towing wrong, but today my dashcam recorded a school bus blowing through a red light so stale that it was green from my direction before he even entered the intersection. I'm not going to post it as I am still debating if I should report the driver.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,279  
Not towing wrong, but today my dashcam recorded a school bus blowing through a red light so stale that it was green from my direction before he even entered the intersection. I'm not going to post it as I am still debating if I should report the driver.
Yes, call the district and talk to the transportation manager and at least let them know.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,280  
Yes, call the district and talk to the transportation manager and at least let them know.
I'm thinking about sending them a copy of the picture. Nobody likes a tattletale. Plus I was in my company truck...