Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #241  
They're not all foreign many are being made in the US now creating good jobs.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #242  
You know what help farmers need? Lower fuel & fertilizer (and any other input) costs and less stupid regulations.
THATS what farmers need.
I definitely agree with this! But when I was on the farm raising $4-$5 beans with average of 35bu to the acre believe me fuel and fertilizer was very expensive then! We did have less regulations but still. That is why anything that a farmer can do to offset their expenses I am a fan of.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #243  
How much power does it take to mine all the metals needed to make batteries, windmills and solar panels? How much fuel does it take to manufacture them across the oceans, then ship them here and erect them? How about to maintain and eventually replace them?
The argument for wind & solar was/is how ”clean“ it is. Well it isn’t clean, it never has been and it never will be.
All energy generation involves using power & resources to make power. Nukes & NG are the sensible & economical answer, but there’s too many screaming teenagers and they’re weak-minded, enabling parents running the news media right now.
Are you saying that the coal burning plants and nuclear plants don't require energy to build? Do they just spring up out of the fields like tulips?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #244  
To further the problem with snow cover on solar panels.....here in Northern Ontario Canada , we have a 100 acre solar farm 15 miles down road, they clear the snow with two diesel Kubota side by sides on tracks with auto brooms sticking out ..... funny to see.
Why is that any funnier than clearing snow on the roads? Can't you learn to drive on snow? Our forefathers went through the snow with their Ox carts!

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #245  
You know what help farmers need? Lower fuel & fertilizer (and any other input) costs and less stupid regulations.
THATS what farmers need.
So what does solar power have to do with fuel and fertilizer cost? Are you implying that solar farms are raising your fuel and fertilizer cost?

I would like cheap beer, but I don't look to the government to give it to me.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #246  
I do not like the view of wind farms. They permanently disrupt the view of the horizon, and the red lights all at once for as far as you can see would drive me nuts. I like looking out my windows at night and seeing stars.

I noticed another wind farm off to the east of US 31 somewhere on our drive home north from Indy on Friday. I probably wouldn't have noticed it had it not been for the blinking synchronized lights.

At least solar farms are down low, and pretty easy to to planting around the perimeters to limit the view of them. And they don't glow at night. 🙃
I have to somewhat agree with you on windmills. We have manybe 12 or so I can see, as the crow flies, maybe 2 or 3 miles away on top of a ridge. We are on top of a ridge as well. Maybe 10 miles as crow flies there are more. I love nothing more than sitting out at night, watching stars and satalites go by. The ones I mentioned are not disruptive to that in the least. I actually kind of like seeing the dim flashing red lights.
Where I will agree, is that I don't think I'd want to see the whole ridge lined with them, whether it is miles and miles of them or just another 100 or so. I also know I wouldn't want to be much cloer to them either. How close, I don't know. What I have now is doable.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #247  
So what does solar power have to do with fuel and fertilizer cost? Are you implying that solar farms are raising your fuel and fertilizer cost?

Well if the government started regulating your beer out of existence, you would probably be none too happy.

The entire green energy thing is being forced upon us before it’s ready. We have all the energy that we need at our fingertips already.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #248  

No.
I’m pointing out how much farmers would like to see a return of normal cost inputs, not 5 buck a gallon diesel and $800/ton nitrogen and seed doubling in price
That happened 2 years ago, or maybe you are unaware farmers are dealing with that?

Not all farmers can have solar panels of windmills installed on their fields.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #249  
Are you saying that the coal burning plants and nuclear plants don't require energy to build? Do they just spring up out of the fields like tulips?
Nope, but they’re already here, so the don’t have to “spring up out of the fields like tulips” now, do they?
You are aware coal plants can be converted to NG, right?
Or are you unaware that all this solar & windmill fantasy requires seizure of land, construction from scratch costing many billions and manufacturing and mining in foreign countries which costs many more billions and increases all our energy costs?

If you just leave the plants we have, convert them to clean NG, we wouldn’t have to spend or build 1/100th as much and we’d be energy independent and still FAR cleaner than coal-burning China.

Don’t you see how these people just guilt the US into building all this crap (manufactured by them) then turn around and burn coal in their country? Do you see what a competitive edge that gives them? Why do you think they build a new coal fired plant like 1-2 times a month there?

You won’t be talking solar panels made in China when you see that people won’t be able to afford energy in this country anymore. Poor people freezing to death might just come up as a leading cause of death in this country in the near future.

Last edited:
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #250  
Why is that any funnier than clearing snow on the roads? Can't you learn to drive on snow? Our forefathers went through the snow with their Ox carts!
Its funny because we are on a tractor site and I get to bring the word Kubota into this ......AND .....for at least two months each winter when well below freezing, they need to use fossil fuels ( diesel) , to sweep each solar panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.