Steel barrel uses - need ideas

/ Steel barrel uses - need ideas #12  
My neighbor scarfed half a dozen steel empty concrete form release barrels. Stashed them back out of the way along a fence. Mmm, yum. That was 10yrs ago. Barrels are cheap - buy what you need, when you need them, and skip the hoarding urge.

/ Steel barrel uses - need ideas #13  
I store water in barrels in my greenhouse for heat retention in winter and coolong in summer. The blue color reflects UV and aids plant growth.

/ Steel barrel uses - need ideas #14  
They make a sturdy bench at a useful height if you span an upright pair with 2-by's.

/ Steel barrel uses - need ideas #16  
I've seen them used to make a grill/smoker. Just about the right size for a middling pig.

Cut them in half the long way and use as a planter.

Up north, neighbors used to keep one full of sand. Good for traction in winter and as a fire suppressant.

Put some old nuclear waste signs on them and roll them out around Halloween. Even better if you could put some phosphorescent slime leaking out. (even though that is more Hollywood than reality)

/ Steel barrel uses - need ideas #17  
There are plans on youtube to build smoke free burn barrels using two barrels, but my concern would be whether the adhesive would give off toxic odors until it burns off. Would also think the adhesive would make it a pain to cut or drill into the barrels.

The barrels could also be used to haul tools on a carry-all except for the adhesive problem.

/ Steel barrel uses - need ideas #18  
Somebody gave me a barrel with some type of grayish adhesive in it. Can't imagine needing 55-gallons of adhesive at one time. Anyway, the ones I usually get have had motor oil for tugboats in them. I will take the top off, put a half gallon of diesel in it, tape four or five kitchen matches together, put my cup full of gasoline in (I know, I know), strike the matches, throw them in and watch it burn out in an hour or so. I put a little more diesel than usual in the adhesive barrel, lit it and went into the house because I was worried about fumes. That thing burned for hours and after it got dark you could see the barrel glowing. Barrel didn't last but a year or so unlike the three or four usual years.

Be very careful if you try to burn it out.

RSKY

/ Steel barrel uses - need ideas #19  
   / Steel barrel uses - need ideas #20  
F480F7D9-F10C-48C0-9BE1-C715C2F257CE.jpeg