Best used tiller for the price

/ Best used tiller for the price #1  

Eaglesfate

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ryobi string trimmer
Good Afternoon, I am looking for the best option for a tiller, I understand this will very from person to person.

The tillers I have found so far in my area is as follows:

Note: All options are in Clean, well running/operational condition.

-A used BCS 716 with 18” tiller. 6.5 hp. 18” tiller. $1650

-A used Cub cadet rotor tiller 6 hp $475

-A used Troy Built Tiller for sale Troy Built Tiller Horse. 5 hp B/S motor. $600.00

V/r,

*Eaglesfate

/ Best used tiller for the price #3  
Just look at the tines, they will tell the entire story.
Yes, and how well it starts and feels in YOUR hands. Is it cumbersome and vibrates?

/ Best used tiller for the price #4  
I find rear tine easier to operate especially in hard soil.

/ Best used tiller for the price #5  
Dont waste your money on a front tine tiller, I have a troy built horse and is is a very good tiller . I dont use it anymore because i have 2 tractor tillers.

/ Best used tiller for the price #6  
Dont waste your money on a front tine tiller, I have a troy built horse and is is a very good tiller . I dont use it anymore because i have 2 tractor tillers.
Killer tiller....lol I have a rear tine Cub and it's just peachy.

/ Best used tiller for the price #7  
I've seen some fugly tillers that went for way too much. Tines tell the story, always.

/ Best used tiller for the price #8  
I believe any of the 3 should be fine. It also depends on how much tilling activity you plan on doing. How much tilling and what type of soil?

/ Best used tiller for the price #9  
Get yourself one of the old TroyBilt Horse tillers. the ones that look like this. They till up hard soil and are virtually indestructible. I have one I bought about 20 years ago and it still starts. You can get them for under $500 and pass them down to your kids.
1673823623625.png

/ Best used tiller for the price #10  
Troybilt horse models are hardly indestructible! We went through one and had to buy a second before I gave up and bought a tiller for my tractor. I've seen MANY leaky and blown Troys!

To the OP, buy the BCS!!! You can thank me later...

SR