Tell us something we don’t know.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,371  

What did the tectonic plate say to the other tectonic plate when they bumped into eachother?​

"Sorry, that was my fault."

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,372  
I thought it was 'there goes... one little two little three little Indians'

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,373  
Here's something people may not know:
Most always when someone dies they may have something (bank account, CDs, stocks, etc.) the family doesn't know about. We had a good friend pass at 48 (rip) and through research discovered he had savings. I called his father, it was listed on the state unclaimed property site. His father thanked me and that helped pay funeral expenses.
Before Christmas I checked for my wife and I and just now printed off a form letter we fill out, both of us will get a check (not much in our case...$50 each).
It's worth checking out though.

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,375  
The Scroll Lock key is the least utilized key on a personal computer's keyboard. Most people don't even know what it is used for. (I used to know, but it has been so long since I've used it that I forgot.)

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #2,376  
Have you ever wondered about the term "Captcha", the puzzle that some internet sites make you solve before they let you enter.

It is the abbreviated abbreviation of “Completely Automated Public Turing Test to tell Computer and Humans Apart “. It should have been called Capttttcaha.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #2,377  
When I was a child I was told if I dig straight down through the earth I would meet a Chinaman on the other side. In reality, my zip code puts me right in the middle of the Indian Ocean between Perth and Mozambique.

www.antipodesmap.com

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,378  
When I was a child I was told if I dig straight down through the earth I would meet a Chinaman on the other side. In reality, my zip code puts me right in the middle of the Indian Ocean between Perth and Mozambique.

www.antipodesmap.com
How deep is the hole?

/ Tell us something we don’t know. #2,379  
I tell you something some of you may not know- The Germans build the finest farm machinery in the world.
1. Fendt tractors. Claas, too but they aren’t here in the US (yet).
2. Mann diesel engines
3. Krone & Claas hay balers, planters, rakes, tedders, etc.

Oh, and the rest of Northern Europe ain’t far behind.…

Sisu, Pottinger, Valtra, Deutz, Valmet, just to name a few.

Last edited:
   / Tell us something we don’t know. #2,380  
Longitude lines are not consistent.

One degree of longitude is about 70 miles at the equator.

At 38 degrees north (Virginia) it's about 55 miles.

At 76 degrees north (middle of Greenland) it's only about 17 miles.

So in order to make a map of the world a rectangle.....17 miles in Greenland = 70 miles in the Sahara desert of Africa. That's why Greenland appears so massive when it reay isn't.

If you were at the north pole....walk south 10 ft your body would probably occupy several degrees of longitude, which would be sever hundred miles at the equator.

Also.....Alaska.....covers the same degrees of longitude as the lower 48 states

There is NO good way to represent a sphere in 2 dimensions. The Mercator is just the most useful for 90% of the world's population