The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor #11  
What do you use to cut the pond edge, string trimmers? Or an offset mower, sickle bar, etc.?

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor #12  
2 guys with weed whackers :LOL:

No, I havent seen anything that would work for us better than that. We can cut a lot of fence quickly with saw blades
Yeah, on the weed whackers, I keep hoping to find another option. They work, but my shoulders (specifically right shoulder) isn't what they once were and it takes a physical toll on me far out of proportion to the amount of work getting done.

I just haven't seen "the one" for an option I could go with.

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor #13  
Same here Slim, and bending forward over a pond bank gets awkward for me after 15 minutes or so.

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor #14  
I use a front mount brush hog and crab steer to mow around ponds:

P8030003.JPG

P8030002.JPG

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor
What do you use to cut the pond edge, string trimmers? Or an offset mower, sickle bar, etc.?
Both. I use the 5’ wing of the CX-15 to get as close as I dare to the water, then do the rest with WW’s. I tried a wing flail mower, but it just didnt work for me.
Might try an 8’ sickle or disc mower again some day.

Seems like the only way to cut overgrown fences is WW’s

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor #16  
2 guys with weed whackers :LOL:

No, I havent seen anything that would work for us better than that. We can cut a lot of fence quickly with saw blades

The Stihl Kombi 131R is a beast. Fantastic trimmer!

If you haven't tried one of these blades, I recommend it;
IMG_3638.jpg

They're great for clearing brush, saplings and thick grass. For me, they work much better than saw blades.

Mike

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor #17  

View attachment 771551

They're great for clearing brush, saplings and thick grass. For me, they work much better than saw blades.

Mike
I agree 100%.

We use those here too and it's about the only thing works on most of the brush we have to deal with. Those work great indeed.

I saw the other day a slightly different version of it and I may pick one up to give it a try.

Here is a picture. They put a slight curve to the blade. Wondering how much of a difference it makes.

1669160916847.png

Hay Dude, mind telling us how many helpers you have? Just wondering. You seem to get into all kinds of things to make money on and it seems your are successful at it, while having fun. Either way, I always enjoy your threads that you start and reply to. Thanks, Jon
Hey man thanks, Jon. I have 2 employees right now. I very much enjoy what I do.
Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in your life.

I actually like weed wacking. I did weeks of it in October. I look at it as exercise, fresh air and a job well done. Even the stuff that‘s full of stickers and up high where its a little more strenuous is an opportunity to stay strong and enjoy the outdoors.

Last edited:

View attachment 771551

Mike

I’m on my 3rd one! Love them.

/ The Life of a Custom Mowing contractor #20  
I agree 100%.

We use those here too and it's about the only thing works on most of the brush we have to deal with. Those work great indeed.

I saw the other day a slightly different version of it and I may pick one up to give it a try.

Here is a picture. They put a slight curve to the blade. Wondering how much of a difference it makes.

View attachment 771552
These are the most awesome blackberry eradicator ever. I have the Oregon version of these. Will do double duty on the rest.