What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,901  
1661678145061.jpeg

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,902  
I couldn't find this with Google, but I remember it from the movie, "The Grapes of Wrath". It's a quote by Grandpa Joad...and I paraphrase:

"When I get to California, I'm gonna get me a hand full of grapes, mash them all over my face, and let the juice dreen down my chin!"

The only other time I had ever heard the word "dreen" was from my grandfather, whose folks came from Kentucky. He also used "Haint' for "ain't", "fit" for "fought". He also used "fetch" a lot, meaning "bring that to me". Miss him still after 60 years.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,903  
New research suggests that drinking coffee in the morning helps others live longer...!

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,904  
I couldn't find this with Google, but I remember it from the movie, "The Grapes of Wrath". It's a quote by Grandpa Joad...and I paraphrase:

"When I get to California, I'm gonna get me a hand full of grapes, mash them all over my face, and let the juice dreen down my chin!"

The only other time I had ever heard the word "dreen" was from my grandfather, whose folks came from Kentucky. He also used "Haint' for "ain't", "fit" for "fought". He also used "fetch" a lot, meaning "bring that to me". Miss him still after 60 years.
Your post suddenly reminded me about a story of a man named Jed. He was a poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed. One day he was out shootin for some food, when up from the ground came a bubbling crude. Oil that is! Black gold, Texas tea! Next thing ya know, ole Jed’s a millionaire! Kinfolk said;” Jed, move away from there.California is the place ya ought ta be! So he packed up his kids and moved to Berverly......Hills that is. Movie stars and swimming pools!

After all these years I may have left something out, but it’s one my favorite stories. Rather poetic, don’t you think? ;)

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,905  
Your post suddenly reminded me about a story of a man named Jed. He was a poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed. One day he was out shootin for some food, when up from the ground came a bubbling crude. Oil that is! Black gold, Texas tea! Next thing ya know, ole Jed’s a millionaire! Kinfolk said;” Jed, move away from there.California is the place ya ought ta be! So he packed up his kids and moved to Berverly......Hills that is. Movie stars and swimming pools!

After all these years I may have left something out, but it’s one my favorite stories. Rather poetic, don’t you think? ;)
I have to admit...with some reluctance...I used to watch it all the time. I had a rather strong attraction to Ellie May.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,906  
One out of four people have serious mental problems. It you have three friends that seem pretty normal, it's you.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,907  
I have to admit...with some reluctance...I used to watch it all the time. I had a rather strong attraction to Ellie May.
Really? Well, you might be interested in this old story then. So sit right back and I’m going to tell you a tale. A tale of a fateful trip. It started in a tropic port, aboard a tiny ship. The mate was a mighty sailing man, the skipper was brave and sure.5 passengers set sail that day for a 3 hour tour. The weather started getting rough and the tiny ship was tossed. If not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow would be lost. Well... you probably know the rest of the story. ;) Besides, I only remember that they had no phones, lights or motor cars. Not a single luxury. It was like Robison Caruso, primitive as can be.
I always found it strange, the professor could invent anything from items found on the island but was never able to patch the hole on the boat.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,908  
Look Look! I’m back on topic.
I just don’t know how you fellows put up with me. :)
1661837075104.jpeg

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #6,910  
Sub-topic: Can you believe the house of Dracula posted this?