Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,243  
Interesting article.
Yeah it was.

I thought it was fitting for today’s sentiments towards renewables.

My father told me a story about his father almost burning their house down with a coal furnace back in the mid 20’s when some dampers malfunctioned. Now we’re gonna be burning our houses down with EV’s malfunctioning.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,245  
Nice coal article. Thanks. It is indeed hilarious how many feel the need to buck all things new. Old fogyism and pessimism are 2 things i hope i do not contract. They seem to be contagious too. Sad. EVs are the wave of the future - and a really cool thing on top of that.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,246  
…and a really cool thing on top of that.
So was cocaine! 🙃

FECF09FB-E084-4FE1-9E41-FF709E956DFA.jpeg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,247  
Did I mention nobody likes change?
It really depends...

When HR announced the implementation of a 401k match... the change was celebrated ;-)

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,248  
Is there a recommended change interval? I'm sure you know that glycol degrades over time with heat and cool cycles.
No, I can find no reference to heat/cool cycles affecting propylene glycol. Air and UV affects. It is biodegradable. But not affected by electrical processes.

Antifreeze in ICE applications is replaced to replenish the anticorrosion package.

A good example to compare would be the coolant in a geothermal heat pump. A brief search failed to return a hard answer, but a "soft" answer was 15 years.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #2,249  
Last edited: