Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond.....

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #11  
2.5 gallons of 41% is $88.99 final cost at Menards (after the 11% rebate)

Same price as it was a couple months ago when I picked up 2.5 gallons.

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #12  
They had to raise the price to cover the frivolous lawsuits apparently. The lawyers have to get paid some way.

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond.....
2.5 gal. of 41% is $99 at rural king.
Last time I was there they had skids of it. They even had the small drums and a few ibc totes of it. Got to take out a loan for the totes..
Heard good things overall about RK stores. Only wish they had them out this way.

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #14  
They had to raise the price to cover the frivolous lawsuits apparently. The lawyers have to get paid some way.

Thanks for pointing that out.
People run around screaming the sky is falling from Roundup. The average stiff that wants a pint from Wal mart for $19.99 is now paying $59.99.

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #15  
Glyphosate is off patent, and the lawsuits targeted the original patent holder and producer Monsanto, (now Bayer, AG).

The rise in price for generics would not be explained by lawsuits against Monsanto.

All the best,

Peter

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #16  
Glyphosate is off patent, and the lawsuits targeted the original patent holder and producer Monsanto, (now Bayer, AG).

The rise in price for generics would not be explained by lawsuits against Monsanto.

All the best,

Peter
They are anticipating lawsuits. If the judgments in the Monsanto suits stand the other manufacturers will be next.

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #17  
   / Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #18  
Bayer has said they won't sell to residential buyers starting next year. With all their appeals being denied I would expect them, God willing, to deem it a money pit and halt all production. With that writing on the wall, of course it has to get more expensive.

For those not allergic to an opposing viewpoint:

Glyphosate is a scourge on the planet and history will look back on it worse than DDT. If the cost to human health and the environment could be calculated we could see it was too expensive to use even before idiotic monetary policy caused cataclysmic inflation.

Last edited:
   / Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #19  
So I was in my local TSC in CT yesterday and just about walked into an end cap when I saw the cost of 2.5 gallons of 41% Glyphosate concentrate priced at $129.99. :oops:

I normally pay about $50 for the same item there. Fortunately, I still have a jug and do not need another one yet.

This may be common knowledge to folks, but I was interested in if this was a regional issue or a problem across the board. I imagine it falls in line with fertilizer cost increases, etc...

Are others finding a similar cost increase where you live?
Home Depot has another brand in 1 gal. jugs for about $50

/ Glyphosate cost through the roof and beyond..... #20  
So I was in my local TSC in CT yesterday and just about walked into an end cap when I saw the cost of 2.5 gallons of 41% Glyphosate concentrate priced at $129.99. :oops:

I normally pay about $50 for the same item there. Fortunately, I still have a jug and do not need another one yet.

This may be common knowledge to folks, but I was interested in if this was a regional issue or a problem across the board. I imagine it falls in line with fertilizer cost increases, etc...

Are others finding a similar cost increase where you live?
Lawyers don't work cheap. I finalize stopped using it for the sake of my gut microbiome and dementia risks.