Liquid in tires

/ Liquid in tires #61  
John_Mc,

I am certain about the contents of RimGuard. The resulting de sugared pulp, with some residual sugar, is what RimGuard is installing in tires. Stuff is like slurry and most installers will not install RimGuard when weather is cold because it gets very thick and is hard to pump.

RimGuard is selling the de sugared waste product that would have previously been spread back out onto fields as fertilizer. Selling a waste product for profit and probably getting paid to take the waste from the de sugaring plant.
Are you certain it isn’t actually a molasses? De-sugared extract of the beet pulp, sure sounds like Molasses to me.

/ Liquid in tires #62  
I purchased 20 gallons of minus 20-degree wind shield washer fluid for $1/gallon at the end of winter at my local Walmart Store. That gave me about 80 lbs of ballast in each rear tire of my JD 2305. I also bought a hose-end-adapter at Tractor Supply for $9 that screwed onto the tire valve stem (needle valve removed and tire jacked up to remove weight). Then used a small "water feature pump", a bucket, and a garden hose to fill each rear tire about 3/4 full. Simple, inexpensive, and a do it myself project for about $30. Dan C.
Sounds like what we did with our IH 424's 13x28 tires, except that we used the 12V pump from a 15 gallon spot sprayer for the fill job. Since then, I converted the sprayer for boom use, and that required a stronger pump, but I kept the old pump handy for handling tire ballast. I've had to repair punctures in the old tires 3 times since, and each time I used that pump to temporarily transfer the washer fluid to a clean plastic barrel so I could do the repair, then put it back again. We haven't lost more than a gallon of the fluid yet.

And here in Central NY, I haven't noticed the fluid freeze solid yet.

/ Liquid in tires #63  
That blue windshield washer fluid freezes quit easily around here in the winter, just the thing to ruin a pair of expensive tires.
Depends on which formulation you get. Here in Onondaga County the -20 degree mid-winter stuff might freeze as a thin layer on a cold windshield, but if the washer sprayed it it didn't freeze in the reservoir, and it won't be freezing inside a tire. I'm not sure my old IH 424 would start if it got cold enough to freeze the fluid in the tires, anyway.

/ Liquid in tires #64  
When the tire lays flat on the ground it can be filled 100%.

When tractor tires are foamed, they are filled 100% with the tire laying on the ground.
How does one get the air out when filling 100%?

/ Liquid in tires #65  
Never seen anything but water and no freeze in tires here. A few people grow beets in their gardens, but that's it. Water is plentiful though. Alcohol or anti freeze is readily available. I've always fixed my own flats. Put tires on my vehicles. I have used a tire shop when out of town and in a bind.
Alcohol as in white lightning?

/ Liquid in tires #68  
I'm still curious about what happens inside a fluid filled tractor tire in the even of a roll over. It would seem that the inertia of that fluid, very rapidly moving from the bottom of the tire to the "downhill" side, might cause the tractor to end up on its top where otherwise it would have stayed on its side. Yes, it could be said that the tractor wouldn't have rolled in the first place if the tires were weighted.