Dollies For Moving Implements

/ Dollies For Moving Implements #11  
Snowmobile dollies work great, and are usually very strong and have large wheels.

/ Dollies For Moving Implements #12  
Barnboy, good looking job. I also like flushers engine hoist lift idea. Anyone "stacking" implements in the off season? Be interested in how we are saving space.

/ Dollies For Moving Implements #13  
elalexander said:
Anyone "stacking" implements in the off season? Be interested in how we are saving space.

I do. I lift my rear blade off its dolly with the electric hoist up in the trusses. The rb dolly is set aside and the rough cutter is rolled beneath on its dolly. The hoist then sets the rb onto the back of the rough cutter. When the rc is rolled against the wall, the carry all, which has its own mini casters bolted to the legs, is rolled beneath the blades of the rc, with only the vertical posts upright at the end. Then the rb dolly and mmm dolly are stacked atop the rb.

/ Dollies For Moving Implements #15  
I used 2 harbor freight car dollies which are on sale often. They each have 4 steel castors. They are cupped to fit a tire, but I bolted 5/4 planks across them and connected 2 of the dollies with an appropriate length 2x4 on the end of the dollies. Then I laid a 24" or so 4x4 on top of each dolly to match where the skids on the rototiller hit the dolly. Looking back, you could forgo the planks and just use a 4x4. The 4x4 adds enough height so the tiller blades rotate freely when the pto shaft turns. This makes hooking up the tractor pto a breeze, well, maybe not a breeze. PTO shafts are always a pain, but when the equipment end spins easily, it makes hook up easier. Finally, I don't like using furniture dollies for something this heavy because the HF ones I have with rubberish wheels will develop flat spots quickly and don't turn when there is a lot of weight on them which makes them hard to move. Having implements that move makes hooking up far, far easier. The only downside is you need a concrete floor.

/ Dollies For Moving Implements #16  
Since this old thread got revived for new eyes, here is one I made from 2x6s:

P5200010.JPG
P6020020.JPG

P6020024.JPG
P6040002.JPG

And a three wheeler for the tree puller:

P6210036.JPG
P6210037.JPG
P6210039.JPG

/ Dollies For Moving Implements #17  
palletroller_resized.jpgMade this (complete now) to move a 600 pound bar across my yard. May repurpose for my backhoe once the bar is in place.

/ Dollies For Moving Implements #18  
Since this old thread got revived for new eyes, here is one I made from 2x6s:

View attachment 649661 View attachment 649662

XMan, I read a TBN article a month ago that had a pic of your 2x6 dolly and a link to one of your threads and have been looking for it again. I have my casters and will build a 2x6 dolly for my 72" Kubota bucket with Ratchet Rake. Thanks for reposting

/ Dollies For Moving Implements #20  
You are welcome.

Found this article while doing research on fork dollies for another thread. It may be the one that you saw: The Best Home-Built Tractor Add-Ons of 218, Ranked - TractorByNet

Thank you XMan, this is the article - it has several upgrades I plan to make. Saw your wood storage dolly and want one of those also. Its always an educational tutorial when I read your posts. Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge.

Young in South Louisiana