Looking for a heavy duty 4' box blade

/ Looking for a heavy duty 4' box blade #1  

Tifford

Tractor
Mahindra 25 hst
Apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

I have a mahindra 25hp emax hst that weighs around 1500 pounds....1700 with me on it. I've pretty much settled on getting a 4' box blade. It's going to help me maintain 1/2 mile of dirt/gravel road. Smoothing out pot holes probably being the main job.

Looking for recommendations for a heavy duty box blade that will last at least for a few years. I have a mahindra dealer nearby as well as tractor supply and a massy furgusion dealer close.
Who makes a cat 1 4' box blade that will last?

/ Looking for a heavy duty 4' box blade #2  
I run a 6ft box blade behind my mahindra 2810. It is 28 hp but it is a lot heavier than your max. i think any standard duty box blade will suit your needs.I had a 5 ft mahindra box blade and it worked fine, i just wanted a wider one to make ditch work easier. I live at the end of a mile long gravel road.

/ Looking for a heavy duty 4' box blade
Thanks for the quick reply.

I was hoping the standard duty mahindra box blade would stand up to the abuse. I like the dealer I go through. They've only messed up one time and they humbly apologized for the one time mess up. Great guys to deal with.

/ Looking for a heavy duty 4' box blade #4  
If your main job for it is road maintenance, a grading scraper may be better.

grading-scraper.jpg

Bruce

/ Looking for a heavy duty 4' box blade #5  
If you were mowing with this tractor would you use a 4ft mower deck?

I use a 5ft with my JD2210. Wouldn't want it any narrower.

If you were mowing with this tractor would you use a 4ft mower deck?

I use a 5ft with my JD2210. Wouldn't want it any narrower.
I mow with a 6' Italian made rear mower. But I'm not sure what mowing has to do with dirt/gravel road maintenance.

/ Looking for a heavy duty 4' box blade #7  
I was vague.

My point is why would you buy a BB that is possibly narrower than your tractor? It sucks if you can't cover your tracks.

You outweigh me by a couple hundred pounds so you can surely handle a 5ft BB.

If your main job for it is road maintenance, a grading scraper may be better.

View attachment 644589

Bruce

The box blade is around $700. There is a grader that my dealer sells but it is around $1,400.

House is paid for and just paid off my truck so I could afford it but I'd rather (for now) try the cheaper of the two options.

I was vague.

My point is why would you buy a BB that is possibly narrower than your tractor? It sucks if you can't cover your tracks.

You outweigh me by a couple hundred pounds so you can surely handle a 5ft BB.

I can cover my tracks. 47 is the tractor width. 4 feet is 48"

/ Looking for a heavy duty 4' box blade #10  
I can cover my tracks. 47 is the tractor width. 4 feet is 48"

Excellent example. So if you want to blade next to an object you have to get your tire sidewall within 1/2" of the object?