Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,181  
Perfect thank you. That last picture was exactly what I was looking for.

I figured with the channel iron sitting on the lip of the trailer I didn't have to worry and if I ever did feel like I need to I can put some weld on the channel. it has been a year and around 1000 miles since I did it.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,182  
I love this Diamond C trailer.

IMG_1220.JPG

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,183  
I love this Diamond C trailer.

View attachment 588279

Nice looking trailer. Looks well built. I like the built in tool box in the tongue (based on what I saw on the manufacturer's web site). I guess for twice what a typical equipment trailer costs it should be a Cadillac!

Rob

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,185  
I'da told them drop some of the fancy options and add few more feet of trailer. It appears that something like a backhoe or rotary cutter are going to hang off that. It is a beautiful trailer for the load it has, but if you ever need to take a few implements with the tractor, it won't fit.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,186  
It's 20' and yes, I kinda wish I'd went with 22' only to be able to rest the backhoe boom on the deck for transport.
This one works for me. Doesn't get must use in winter. This photo was a couple of weeks ago when I was transporting to the dealer for some repairs/service. When the backhoe is attached, I have a 60" grapple inside the 72" bucket. It's got 7k axles and crossmembers are 12" o.c.
15ply tires. It was on the lot, I made an offer, the dealer accepted. I like the fancy options. Especially the blackwood and that box for chains/binders/ and straps.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,187  
As long as it fits what you need to haul, that's all that matters. Before buying, I had the opportunity to haul my stuff on my brother in law's trailer a few times. A couple of the jobs I was doing, I had to make a second trip to get all I needed. I loaded up a couple implements on my small trailer before loading the tractor on the BIL's trailer. Took the tractor onsite with his and dropped it, then returned for my trailer of implements. Took the better part of a day. That situation made my mind up to go big on the deck. Apparently 22' or larger bumper-pulls are not something most manufacturers build for stock on dealer lots, they are special order.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,188  
I have found all are 2' short too often. :)

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #3,189  
It's 20' and yes, I kinda wish I'd went with 22' only to be able to rest the backhoe boom on the deck for transport.
This one works for me. Doesn't get must use in winter. This photo was a couple of weeks ago when I was transporting to the dealer for some repairs/service. When the backhoe is attached, I have a 60" grapple inside the 72" bucket. It's got 7k axles and crossmembers are 12" o.c.
15ply tires. It was on the lot, I made an offer, the dealer accepted. I like the fancy options. Especially the blackwood and that box for chains/binders/ and straps.

Very NICE trailer! The angle in the pic makes it difficult to get a good idea of length. 20' looks like it works pretty well. I have to confess envy of that Blackwood floor. Nice stuff!

20' trailers are more common than most other sizes in stock on a lot of lots that I see. Very seldom see a 22' in stock.

TBS

Last edited:
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #3,190  
How does that blackwood rubber do if you haul material like gravel or dirt on the trailer? I use my equipment trailer occasionally to haul this stuff and it works great to just drive my MCUT (Deere 2520) up on it to remove the material with the loader. The treated 2x8s hold up great for this but I wonder if the rubber stuff would get destroyed?

I can definitely see the benefits of blackwood if you exclusively move equipment on the trailer.

Rob